Be in the Know
- There’s always that one person in a group text that texts too much. This messaging app is changing that.
- J.D. Salinger’s Catcher in the Rye will be published as an ebook for the first time.
- Adobe is betting big on AR and mixed reality software.
- Google fixes search issue that prevented new content from appearing.
Crafting Content to Meet Google’s #1 Ranking Factor
It’s another SEO Monday.
Today, we’re talking about crafting content to meet the Google algo (what the cool kids are saying) ranking factor.
Google is all about your content being relevant to the reader. While there are a lot of other factors that go into ranking, it appears that Google is putting relevance at the forefront.
So, how do you craft content to satisfy the algorithm and your audience?
- Speak to your reader by using their language: More often than not, we make decisions based on what we think our audience is searching for rather than letting research back it. Social listening is key here. Talk to your audience. Get in their heads. Once you have a strong handle on what your audience is all about, refine your audience personas.
- Speak to your readers’ problems: Good content will provide a benefit for your audience. If you’re not solving or improving your readers’ problems, you’re on the wrong track. Solution: Let the following question guide your content; why should the reader care about this content?
- Avoid Industry Jargon & Insider-Speak: “You never want your readers to feel awkward, confused, belittled, or stupid.” Your goal is to relate to your audience. If your content is over their head, good luck with that goal. There’s a time and place to nerd out over industry speak. When it comes to relating to your audience, try to put yourself in their shoes and how they’re approaching your content.
Get your early
No Installation Required
Need to record your screen?
It doesn’t get much simpler than this.
Enter ScrnRcrd (like ‘screen record’).
ScrnRcrd lets you record your screen right from your browser without downloading a single thing. No watermarks, no restrictions, no extensions. Head over to the site, hit record then download your video. Cha-ching.
Quit for Your Pets
Here’s your warning. You probably won’t like this ad, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t watch it.
This powerful PSA reminds folks in New Zealand to quit smoking for your pets sake.
“When you smoke around your pets, they’re twice as likely to get cancer. Your best mate will follow you anywhere. Lead them well.”