Q For You
Be In The Know
- Twitter Eyes Subscriptions for Premium Features
- 21 Instagram Facts for 2021 [Infographic]
- Facebook Oversight Board says other social networks ‘welcome to join’ if project succeeds
- US Government Abandons Plans to Force the Sell-Off of TikTok
Best Practices to Secure User Opt-In on iOS 14
You know, the idea that garlic keeps vampires at bay was probably just something made up by parents trying to get a picky child to eat garlic. Big bummer for vampires if it’s true though; garlic is delicious. Come to think of it, vampires can’t come into your house unless they’ve been invited in. Great way to cut down on the stranger danger.
It’s kind of similar for digital marketers and iOS 14. In this case, we’re the vampires 🧛♀️ needing consent for ad tracking on the App Tracking Transparency (ATT) framework. Sure, tracking isn’t quite as easy as it once was, but iOS 14 isn’t a wooden stake for us marketers. Here are some best practices to secure user opt-in on iOS 14 courtesy of Branch.
- Test a prompt that provides context to Apple’s modal. This part is all about transparency. When someone downloads an app you wish to track, they will get a notification asking for tracking consent. The two options for the user are “Ask App Not to Track” and “Allow.” Prepare users for this by explaining why your tracking provides for a better experience. This will give more context before users are met with Apple’s consent notification.
- Explain the value proposition of opting in. While people may initially like the notion of an extra layer of privacy, they may not recognize what this will mean for their full app experience. If the app is free or low-cost, then let users know you’re able to provide the app for free or low-cost because of your ability to track. Mention that tracking allows for a more personalized experience with relevant ads.
- Optimize the timing of your ask. Make sure you’re in the good graces of your user. Better to ask mom and dad if you can meet up with your friends after completing all your chores (you can only be so sneaky.) Refrain from asking in the middle of a task. Think about where within a user’s flow they will be most willing to give tracking consent.
If you consent to reading the full article, then click below.
Our brains are magnificent computing machines, but they aren’t perfect. Keeping organized often requires more than your own mind can handle. Check out Mindly for your on-the-go organizer.
For all those things you tend to forget, Mindly keeps them all together in one place you can access across all your devices. Organize all the different elements of a project, map out a new idea, or just plan your day.
Work With Us
How many tabs do you have open in your browser right now? Are they so small you can only see the favicon?
We get it. You have a lot going on and your tabs can attest to that fact.
But you don’t have to keep so many tabs on so many different things. Just let us know how Carney can help cover some ground for you.
Some people take their board games very seriously. Keep in mind they’re supposed to be fun. When the game devolves into a shouting match with pieces flying all over the room, it’s probably time to put Monopoly away and turn to Sorry instead.
Inspira Health brings us an ad with perhaps the most flawless Operation execution ever. While the rest of us are confined to a clunky set of tweezers, this doctor has it all figured out. Just don’t sneeze!
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“All business is personal. Make your friends before you need them.”
Robert L. Johnson