Top Posts of the Week
- The marketing meme Instagram account Dong Draper shared what followers think of the 40 big name agencies with “the dong list”
- We’re fangirling, the internet is fangirling, and John Oliver is definitely fangirling over the Burberry fragrance ad starring Adam Driver
- Pizza Hut has dropped their “Tastewear” clothing line, so get it while it’s hot
- Tiffany & Co. launched a “Not Your Mother’s Tiffany” campaign and long-time fans are not amused
What We Learned
Monday: TikTok released a report on the platform’s influence on sound and culture. It wasn’t a surprise how brands can utilize music, sound bites, and other audio clips to make content users enjoy, but the stats are still amazing!
Tuesday: Your creative process can make or break how productive you are when it comes to content creation. Digital Summit gives you the trick to get ideas churning with their podcast, The Power of the Creative Process.
Wednesday: Keep your brand alive! Entrepreneur gave 3 ways you’re killing your brand. They are:
- A rushed brand blueprint.
- A brand without the meat
- A misaligned personal brand.
Thursday: GatherContent gave us a 6-step strategy to build strong content marketing collaboration so your organization can avoid silos and make the best possible content. All you have to do is use the G.A.T.H.E.R. approach!
Join the Conversation
Laurel asked, “Anyone else go to test something on mobile + accidentally cruise social, then end up buying clothes for next week?”
Bren shared this Tweet:
Evan wrote, “Reddit fans, what are you favorite subreddits, especially in the marketing/creative space?”
Sammar posted, “Hey there, Carnies! What’s your favourite photo-editing software or phone app? 📸…specifically for food, consumer goods and working with influencers. I’m happy to pay for an app, presets or anything.”
Scalemail for List Growth
Turn your best subscribers into your best brand advocates. Scalemail is your tool to grow you list by incentivizing referrals from your existing subscribers.
Simple to start up. Easy to manage. Your readers will love it.
So let’s show you a demo!
Bourbon Peach Smash 🍑
- 1/2 to 1 ounce brown sugar simple syrup
- 1/2 large peach, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3-4 large mint leaves
- 2 ounces bourbon
- Ginger beer
- Add peaches, mint leaves, and simple syrup to the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Gently muddle to release the peach juices and mint oils. (Don’t overdo it!)
- Add bourbon, fill the shaker with ice, and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and a peach slice.
Recipe by Striped Spatula
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Who is the most paid Instagram influencer per post in 2021?
b. Cristiano Renaldo (source)