Be in the Know
- KFC is celebrating Costa Rica’s art with “Annexation Buckets” that they will display and auction off this month
- People don’t miss a beat in calling out this (now pulled) Sony ad that had the PS5 beast console in use upside down
- Heineken’s “Night is Young” ad features vaccinated seniors partying it up, and some people can get pretty polarized on the topic
- Oatly bought not one but two billboards in New Zealand and we would love to know who read the whole thing because there’s a local giveaway somewhere in there
Building the Right Mar-Tech Stack for Your Organization
There are thousands of options for software platforms, plug-ins, and tools out there. We cover ‘em every day! So how can you ensure that you have the best possible tech on hand for your marketing? Luckily, AdWeek and ChiefMarTec.com have all the details for you to know.
The general categories for marketing solutions are:
- Advertising & Promotion
- Content & Experience
- Commerce & Sales
- Data Visualization & Management
- Social Media & Relationships
Now, those drill down into the many specific nuances of marketing (i.e. video advertising, content generation, automation, etc.), but it all depends on what your individual needs are for your organization.
How to figure out the right Mar-Tech stack for you:
- Set your goals: What are your top 3 priorities?
- Assign your champions: Who are your top tech dogs that can organize the research, organization, and rollout for your tech?
- Determine your needs: There are a lot of Q’s here but the biggest one is what areas are going to bring the highest ROI?
- Try things out first: Everyone loves a freebie! See what free trials you can get your hands on.
- Read up: Online reviews, features, and partnerships are your usual suspects. Pricing isn’t everything, but it matters!
- Compatibility check: Now, as you’re narrowing down your list and trying things out. Make sure EVERYTHING checks out smoothly with your existing systems.
Now that you have all the steps, committing is the hardest part. This is where your champs come in to help roll it out. To read the full detail list of how to build your Mar-Tech stack, check out AdWeek’s piece!
Q for You
Keep your social media light on all the time! Meet Edgar is a social media publishing tool that automatically pulls posts from your content library and posts on repeat. Save your updates to a limitless library of evergreen content, so you always have something to post. This little octo-squid guy makes things even easier with integrations with Bit.ly, Zapier, RSS feed automation, and a Chrome extension. Try it for free now!
Carnage by Carney
The Daily Carnage comes to you hot and fresh from Carney, an agency that lives and breathes all things digital marketing, branding, and design.
We’re a nimble team of data-obsessed strategists, deep thinkers, believers, over-achievers, artists, curators, and dedicated guides.
And we’re ready to be YOUR team of go-getters. So let’s talk.
Needle. Haystack. Literally.
One of the main benefits of Apple products is how they play together. This Apple ad is an example of that in motion and it’s somewhere we’ve all been. Losing your phone is an awful feeling. If you have an Apple Watch, you can find it without the panic. Even if it’s in a haystack, you won’t feel like you’re finding a needle.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“You affect the world by what you browse.”