Be in the Know
- Apple will unveil the next iPhone September 10.
- Uber and Lyft are putting $60 million toward keeping drivers independent contractors.
- Disney is leading the charge against Netflix by returning to weekly episode releases.
- Target’s Drive Up pickup service expands nationwide.
- Enjoy the holiday weekend folks! We’ll see ya on Tuesday.
We’re almost at 8k members. 🙌🏼
If you’re on the fence, look no further than Alanah’s most recent comment:
“I just wanted to say, I am in a crapload of groups for business and marketing…but this is the only one that I get actual value out of instead of just a wave of thinly veiled self-promotion. You guys are always bringing the help, learnings and lols. Thanks fellow Carneys 🙏.”
Here’s what went down this week:
- Jamie raised a question about the unsubscribe confirmation email. What camp are you in?
- Marilia says, “Publix (supermarket chain HQ in Florida) Hurricane cake… thoughts? Personally, having grown up in FL, I love it, but apparently some people were offended.” Too much?
- Bethany is looking for some tips on where to find a remote marketing position. Help a girl out.
- Michelle wants to know if anyone has taken the $150 FB marketing/ads certification tests. Are they worth it?
Early bird pricing ends soon.
Posts of the Week
- Building the modern marketing team. (via DigitalMarketer)
- Create a professional email signature in seconds. (via SignatureLab)
- The most beautiful Egg McMuffin animation you’ll ever see. (via Vimeo)
- Looking to do some good on your next vacation? (via Have Fun Do Good)
- 27 Copywriting formulas you must check out. (via Buffer)
Drink of the Week
It’s been fun Summer. Here’s to ya. 🍻
What we’re drinking: The Beach
• 1.5 oz. Cayrum Rum
• 2.5 oz. Pineapple Juice
• Lime wedge
Recipe by Montauk Sun.