Quick! No Googling...
Top Posts of the Week
- See some of the messy practices going on with influencer marketing and TikTok
- Toblerone has some sweet new branding 🍫
- TikTok continues to add more educational resources for small businesses
- Starbucks is closing over a dozen U.S. locations, citing safety concerns for staff and customers
What We Learned
Monday: Are you ranking for a branded keyword? Congrats! But you have to keep the momentum up. Search Engine Land had a great article on the SEO tactic of investing in branded keywords even after you rank for them. They even give tips for how to explain this tactic to clients.
Tuesday: Chris Do shared some insight on the psychology behind written communication in a LinkedIn post. He gave typography tips for headlines and how we read with examples.
Wednesday: Making your web pages as SERP-friendly as possible starts with on-page content but also relies heavily on meta data. SEOPressor put together some of the latest Google Search updates and best practices for title tags and meta descriptions.
Thursday: Instagram has a new feature for pinning posts at the top of a profile’s grid. You only get 3 spots for your best content. Social Media Examiner shared an easy guide for how to pin Instagram posts strategically for your marketing goals.
Join the Conversation
Jamie started a poll: “Branding Debate | Do your contracts with other organizations (ex: a simple referral agreement, formal partnership, customer agreements, etc) contain your company’s branding?”
Gillian asked, “Hoping this is the right group but looking for feedback/ideas! I have a client that is launching her first published book. What type of event is ideal for this? We have discussed a happy hour at a local business but it doesn’t feel exciting enough.”
Kate shared this nightmare, “Why is this living in my head rent free and not in a good way?”
Peyton posted, “Deep in my gut, I knew I shouldn’t have started the work yet until the contract was signed… ☠️ and now here I sit, five email templates designed and a ghosted client 👻 Who else here has learned this the hard way? Never againnnnn! I’m so darn mad at myself.”
We’ve all been there, Peyton :’)
Habanero Rum Punch 🌶
It’s spicy summer cookout season 🔥
- 2.5 cups pineapple juice
- 2.5 cups orange juice
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup grenadine
- 1/4-1/2 cup simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons red habanero hot sauce
- 2 cups white rum
- 1 cup coconut rum (optional, otherwise use 3 cups white rum)
- Pineapple and orange slices for garnish.
- Mix pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice and grenadine in large punch bowl or pitcher.
- Add two tablespoons of hot sauce.
- Add simple syrup to taste.
- Add rum.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Optional: Add ice cubes made of pineapple and orange juice
- Fresh pineapple and orange slices for garnish.
Recipe by Off the Eaten Path
Looking for More?
If you like our newsletter, you might like the other work we’ve done for our brands.
We’ve built and run newsletters for clients, redesigned websites, tackled branding, & rebranding initiatives, recorded podcasts, filmed videos, and a whole heck of a lot more.
Whenever you’re ready for your next big digital project, Carney will be ready, too.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Did you know?
What is KFC symbol Colonel Sanders’s first name?
His full name being Colonel Harland David Sanders.