Be in the Know
- P&G launched BeautySPHERE as a virtual experience to take their product marketing to the metaverse
- Avocados from Mexico also created a virtual “House of Goodness” experience ahead of their Super Bowl ad return
- Speaking of Super Bowl…Lay’s grew potatoes from stadium dirt to make “Grown in Glory” potato chips
- T-Mobile acquires Octopus Interactive, a rideshare-advertising startup, to expand their Ad Tech initiatives
16 Brands That Are Killing It With Brand-Driven Storytelling
Storytelling is always at the forefront of content creation and brand messaging. Sometimes that can be hard to deliver if you don’t know what that looks like. So let’s learn from brands doing it best.
Sujan Patel is a digital marketer with a great blog on branding and growth strategy. He gave a list of 16 companies that are killing it with brand-driven storytelling.
We can’t fit all of them, so here are our top 3 from the list (and why we love them):
Warby Parker sees the people:
- These guys are champions of being a fun brand for an otherwise straightforward retail industry of eyewear.
- Their goal is to offer designer eyewear at a great price while simultaneously being a socially-conscious business.
- They keep people (customers and employees alike) at the core of their decision making and that extends to their stories and services.
Burt’s Bees uses their philosophy:
- Burt’s Bees has had a grassroots story since their origin. In 1984, the stars aligned when its founders Roxanne (an artist) and Burt (an avid beekeeper) met during a chance hitchhiking encounter and started making wax candles together.
- Their philosophy has held strong as creating natural products, maintaining company transparency, and loving the heck out of bees.
- That philosophy has run through the veins of their taglines, content, educational initiatives, and, of course, their products.
Chobani doesn’t stay in their lane:
- Sometimes you have to take a product that is a small part of a large industry and use it as the main character of a bigger picture.
- Chobani does this well by not just focusing on a singular path for their yogurt like health benefits.
- Choboni positions itself in everything! Multiple uses and multiple lifestyles, plus a whole lot of video content to facilitate it.
Check out the full post for brands big and small telling their stories to get inspiration for content channels and how-to in different industries.
Q for You
Headline Generator by Content Row
“The Simple Formula for Success in Marketing”
Cool headline, right? Does it sound like something you’d read? Well, it was spat out by a little headline robot.
Headline Generator by Content Row can help you shake off the brain dust and give you headline or writing ideas. Simply put in a few topics you are covering and skim the results. There are additional filters to help you find “clickbait,” dramatic titles, or more evergreen headlines. Give it a shot for yourself!
The Daily Carnage is the newsletter for marketers, by marketers, sharing all things marketing. So that’s why we love to share the most helpful tools and tips we can find.
Does your brand have something to share that our readers could benefit from?
If you have a piece of content, software, or tools that could help Carnage readers, we want it. We have several options for sponsored content, so let’s talk!
I like the way you move
Realtor.com knows it’s a great feeling when you find your “big boy” house. They got the help of OutKast’s Antwan Patton, aka “Big Boi,” for this ad explaining that feeling. He shares a couple’s celebrating by pointing out all the big boy features as they move in.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1950, Budweiser by Anheuser-Busch
“There is no greater power on this earth than story.”