Be in the Know
- Amazon reportedly plans bigger cashier-less supermarkets for 2020.
- You can now make tours in Google Earth to show your friends your favorite travel spots.
- Microsoft is bringing Gmail, Google Drive, and Calendar to Outlook.com.
- Amazon lets police ask for Ring videos that are more than a month old.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday Ideas
Are you ready for the biggest retail dates of the year?
According to the National Retail Federation, the average shopper is planning to spend $1,047 this holiday season, which is a four percent increase from last year.
Sales in November and December are expected to reach $725 billion.
So, ya, folks are gonna be doing some spending.
If you’re selling a product or service this holiday season, check out some tactics below to ramp up your efforts.
- Hourly flash sales: Think about how many social media posts you can fire out from Black Friday – Cyber Monday. A lot. Flash sales are a great way to keep folks attention and get them excited.
- Update your design assets for each of the holidays: If you have the bandwidth to do this, do it. Colors, fonts, imagery (and more) all increase ad recall. Get creative with the seasons.
- Use Facebook Messenger: According to Retail Dive…during Black Friday 2018, there were reports of brands getting 2000% ROI from using SMS campaigns during the Black Friday weekend. That’s pretty staggering. Whether it’s SMS or Facebook Messenger, don’t knock it ’til you try it.
- User-Generated Content: We’ve talked about UGC at length in the past so you know it’s important. Put a unique spin on your UGC by incentivizing your audience with holiday deals.
- Go all-in on Stories: Last year, 63 percent of shoppers either watched or posted videos on Stories and more than a third of shoppers claim that videos were influential in choosing what to buy. Stories work. Enough said.
Make lists vs. get things done?
Slash claims to help you (actually) get things done by forcing you to conquer tasks one-by-one.
Add your tasks, hit ‘Start’ to enter hyper-focus mode, and never leave flow-state. Level up with Pomodoros, Eisenhower Matrix sorting, time-based tasks + more.
You be the judge. 👇
Your Favorite Things
Anna Kendrick got to channel her inner Pitch Perfect (circa 2012) with Frito Lay’s first-ever holiday ad.
What Else We’re Reading
With all that holiday spending, you might want to consider asking for a raise during your Q4 annual review. We’re tuning into a free video conference call with top tech coaches and compensation consultants today at 3PM (est). Make your wallet thank you. 👇
Facebook Question of the Day
Has anyone seen this ad on Facebook? Now I want to go to Goodwill…
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“We have all made bad work. Why don’t we talk about it more? I think the humility to say ‘I blew it’ is the hallmark of a great leader.”