Be in the Know
- Gatorade’s latest ad is all for Serena Williams with a narration by Beyoncé
- It’s officially PSL season – Pumpkin Spice Lattes launch today at Starbucks locations
- See how AI image generators could be used for SEO
- Four Seasons rebrands with a new creative campaign about personalized luxury
13 Local Marketing Strategies That Work
Brands should be shooting for brand awareness among masses and targeting larger groups. But they can’t forget about the importance of their own local markets and community. Plus, there is a growing focus from TikTok and Instagram on local-level brand discovery. So priming your brand for local marketing is essential.
Here are some of the best ways to do it:
- Optimize Your GBP For Local Search: Every brand should ensure its Google Business Profile (GBP) is has the most up to date information and as detailed as possible for the best searchability. There’s a great opportunity to use it for link-building by using citation sources and you can add new posts to your GBP account regularly to drive traffic and engagement.
- Create Localized Content: Content marketing is a big part of attracting a targeted audience. Good content requires you to do the research and write for humans. In turn, Google bots will love it, too! You’ll see better results for your business by integrating content marketing into your local online marketing strategy.
- Integrate CRM Tool: Create localized campaigns that can be launched via your CRM. Simply identify and segment customers and prospects by region if the data has been captured accordingly in your CRM. Remember, the quality of data you capture is the quality of output you’ll get.
- CRO-Optimized Landing Pages For Each Campaign: This is your reminder that your home page is NOT your landing page. For local marketing, make sure your landing pages have accurate information and, if possible, custom to the region you are serving.
- Leverage Social Media: Like we said, TikTok and Instagram are building out more features to focus on nearby and local discovery of brands. On top of those upcoming features, community groups and geographically-based targeting are very much alive and well on almost all social networks.
These were our favorites from the full list of 13 local marketing strategies. Check out the full post by search engine journal for al the details and tips.
Q for You
Synup is a robust platform to help your local marketing and SEO strategy. It tracks your business performance on search engines, local directories, and review sites. It can even help manage your visitors when they visit your site. Synup crawls over 200 local search engines and directories to find data inconsistencies, ensuring your citations are accurate. For brands managing multiple locations, it’s a lifesaver that helps sync your location data across different sites. Check it out for your local SEO management needs!
Share Your Stuff
We’ve got a section of The Daily Carnage with your name on it.
Want to show off your latest blog post or a nifty tool you’ve created? We’ve got plenty of opportunities for sponsorships, so let us know what you have in mind.
Life versus Reality
Remember the “Got Milk?” campaign? The California Milk Processor Board behind it is back with a new spin, called “Get Real.” It’s a music video where people around the world are unapologetically themselves … and at times a brutally honest. If more people were more real, everything would be a little different. Check it out to see how.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past