Be in the Know
- Breakup drama! Mailchimp was apparently courting LemonStand (Shopify competitor) before breaking up with Shopify.
- Facebook finally bans white supremacy from its platform.
Boycott the “Email Blast”
Here’s an email about email from our creative director, Rich.
Email marketing has seen a shift over the years. The days of ’email blasting’ are evolving rapidly. Consumers are becoming wiser and spam filters are calling ‘foul’ more frequently.
Your email marketing campaigns should be thought of as a personal way to reach your audience.
Heck, how many of us check emails on the toilet? No need to answer that one and certainly no judgment being passed here. We call that efficiency.
You get the point…
People checking their email are inviting you into their personal space and they can kick you out with the click of a button.
So, how do you avoid becoming a victim of the dreaded ‘unsubscribe’ button?
- Understand that email is permission based: Remeber that you’re the guest of the inbox, not the host. Be cool.
- Target wisely: Segmenting by demographics and user engagement will allow you to craft relevant messages for the right people at the right time.
- It’s all mental: If you detect a “blast” mentality on a team you work with, beware. Words have power. The wrong words can promote poor decision-making and perpetuate a strategy that will ultimately self-destruct.
New Audience Dashboard
We know a lot of you use Mailchimp (as do we), so we wanted to keep you in the loop with some recent changes to your lists in Mailchimp.
Basically, Mailchimp is making it easier to extract data and insights from your lists (now called Audiences).
Here’s what’s changing:
- If you had multiple ‘lists,’ they’re now ‘audiences.’
- You’ll now view campaigns and reports in the context of one audience at a time.
- You can quickly switch between audiences using the dropdown.
Here’s what’s new:
- Get a holistic view of your audience.
- See new segments you can target at a glance.
- Take action directly from the page.
Dive in deeper below.
“Show us a world where all girls feel seen and represented.” Dove and Getty Images partner up for some awesomeness.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Simpler times. 7UP 1957.