Be in the Know
- TikTok continues to add more educational resources for small businesses
- Coca-Cola released an ad with Halsey that uses new music and artsy vibes
- Drumstick has a sweepstakes for those with ice cream tats to celebrate National Ice Cream and National Tattoo Day
- Nike’s latest ad for UEFA Women’s Euro 2022 calls for more women in sports
Why You Should Invest in Branded Keywords (Even if You Rank #1 for Them)
Marketers spin their wheels to stay ahead of the SEO game. It’s a good feeling when the work pays off and your brand ranks No. 1 for a keyword. But what do you do when you get there? According to Search Engine Land, you have to keep that investment going. Why do you need to get ahead if you’re already ahead?
Here are the top reasons why brands should remain invested in their brand keywords:
- SERP Authority: Dominate SERPs with PPC in addition to your top ranking. Search ads take out competition from this prime real estate.
- Auction Dynamics: This is the most straightforward reason to keep up with brand search keywords. Because of changes in auctions, you may find that brand investment yields higher conversions than non-branded keywords. Work with your analytics teams to show how any shifts in investment impact total traffic to the site.
- Meet the Customer Where They Search: People searching for your brands seek additional information about your brand. That means they are telling you what they are interested in learning more about. Invest in those search queries for your brand to give these engaged users the best possible search results.
- Messaging Autonomy: To establish SERP authority, you need a catered message that shows prominently at the top of the page. PPC provides an opportunity to customize the message, based on known attributes of the user.
Check out the full article by Search Engine Land for all the details PLUS how to explain this tactic to clients.
Q for You
GrowthBar is an SEO tool that allows you to perform keyword research, competitive analysis, keyword tracking, and content generation using AI. They also offer a Google Chrome Extension that provides SEO analysis straight from the Google search results. Check it out as it may just end up being your new favorite SEO platform.
Don't be Selfish...
We know you have some tricks up your sleeve. If you own content, tactics, or tools that would help readers of The Daily Carnage, we’re all ears!
We have sponsorships available for you to feature your hidden gems. Hit us up!
It’s All About the People
Smirnoff has released a series of miniature documentaries about subscultures. Smirnoff is continuing its “Vodka for the People” campaign by taking a deeper look into people. The company looks at a particular city’s groups and how they come together for music, skating, and entertainment. Check it out for a peek at Atlanta’s skate culture.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past