Do Ya Know?
Top Posts of The Week
- Need a hug? Jim Beam released “Kentucky Hug” holiday PJs that simulate a hug around you.
- 4 tips for optimizing your LinkedIn profile to get the recruiter eyes you want.
- Vans released a pair of “Vans vans” that are causing around New York City.
- Netflix and White Claw are releasing a murder mystery game in time to promote the Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery.
What We Learned
Monday: When things go wrong, you want to be able to help users right then and there with clear, helpful communication. So then why are error messages so vague? Wix explained how to write better error messages so you are giving users the best possible experience.
Tuesday: While streaming services have turned advertising on its head, TV advertising still holds a strong foothold for effective and widely watched ads. Marketing Week broke down the 7 big myths about Tv advertising to debunk misconceptions or hesitations.
Wednesday: There are bound to be mistakes along the way when it comes to managing data. If you experience a security breach or crisis, look at it as an opportunity to provide more communication, more collaboration, and more transparency to users. The MarTech Series blog shared 3 approaches for making the most out of security breaches.
Thursday: Diversity in the type of content you share is important! Try new things out when you can, and remember that people can go through different waves of how they enjoy consuming content. Search Engine Journal shared 17 essential types of content you could be using to refresh yourself on the options out there.
Join the Conversation
Leisl asked, “Looking for some tips to deal with year-end burnout (…) Also, my brain is just about fried coming out of budget/planning mode for 2023. How have you marketing masters powered through these moments?”
Marie asked, “New Year’s resolutions time is coming, so I am looking for some inspo from those of you who started in marketing and expanded or pivoted into business development in tech. How did you tackle the learning curve?”
Erin asked, “With all the new AI tools that are out there, I’m having a hard time finding one that does what I want: paste in the text of a blog post or article and have it generate a social media caption. Does anyone have a recommendation?”
Bringing in the New Year
We get it. It’s kinda hard to focus on 2023 when you’re still processing 2022…and 2021…and 2020.
If you are looking for guidance in your new strategy, a new brand look, a new website, or new campaign, it’s time to start a new partnership!
Carney is a full-service agency that has a talented team of strategists, developers, and designers that are dedicated to making brands stand out from the competition.
Let us know what plans you have for the new year, or if you need help establishing the right goals.
Cranberry Cinnamon Whiskey Sour
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz 100% cranberry juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- cinnamon sticks (or a bit of ground cinnamon)
- Orange peels, or cranberries for garnish
- Fill a glass with crushed ice and 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks or a shake of ground cinnamon.
- Combine bourbon, lemon juice, cranberry juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake for 30 seconds. Pour over the crushed ice and cinnamon.
- Garnish to your heart’s content ❤️
Recipe by Home Sweet Eats
Ads from the PastAds from the Past