If you’ve been following along with the Daily lately, you’ll notice that we’ve been talking a lot about video. It’s the go-to social content for everyone right now.
If you’re serious about social media (you’re reading this newsletter so you probably are) then you gotta be serious about video content on social media.
One brand who’s all about video is Chubbies. Just watch this. (Really just wanted to link their aaamazingly hilarious synchronized swimming video in today’s Daily).
Anyway, today’s Listen features a podcast from Buffer. They put together a list of 21 Facebook and Instagram video tips. Here are our favorites:
- (02:40) You have to have a gameplan before you start recording. Know what your goals are, and have a script outlined.
- (03:37) Keep this word in mind when creating videos: Edutainment. Your content has to be educational and entertaining to have success.
- (04:11) Just because you aren’t going viral, doesn’t mean your videos are successful.
- (05:03) Be topical. No, not tropical, topical. Try whipping up quick videos about recent news in your industry.
- (06:50) Adapt to the platform that you’re posting on. No one on Facebook is going to watch a salesy video.
- (07:21) Edit your videos so that they’re square or vertical. Not horizontal. Say it again. Not. Horizontal.
- (08:20) Use Instagram Stories as part of your video content plan!
- (09:47) Use Instagram and Facebook Live, but only occasionally. Going overboard with it will cause people to tune out.
- (10:23) Get your lighting on point! Filming with the overhead lights from your office is not a good plan. It’ll make your videos look cheap and amateurish.
- (11:01) Make sure your sound doesn’t suck either. Add sound dampening to the room you’re filming in, even if it doesn’t sound echo-y at first.
- (11:50) It’s worth the money to buy a tripod—even for Instagram Stories/Live.
- (12:42) Put a ton of effort into the first 3-5 seconds of your video. If those few seconds aren’t good, you’ll lose people no matter how good the rest of your video is.
Need more? Smash the button below!