Social Media Personas are a fictional representation of the ideal customer. It’s a brilliant way to get into the minds of your target market, and yet not a lot of marketers actually take the time to create them. Weird.
But we kinda get it. Personnas take dedication and time when done right. Both are hard to come by for us marketers. Am I right? The end game though makes it oh so worth it.
Sproutsocial is delivering the how-tos on buyer persona so you can get started in the most efficient way.
Why does it matter?
First, better your content strategy. Denny’s TW and IG feeds resonates really well with millennials from the meme-heavy content. Their FB page, on the other hand, leans toward traditional content. hint hint – the older crowd.
Second, you’ll be able to get granular with an audience for ads. Facebook offers insanely detailed targeting options. Take advantage of them.
Third, it pays to tap into niche markets. Why blindly chase the entire crowd when you can talk to the select few who will mostly want to hear what you have to say.
What does it look like?
There isn’t a one size fits all format. Just know the more detailed you get the better. This is where things go astray because people tend not to dive deep enough. Think full on biography with demographics, motivations, and personality traits.
Check out these blank templates from Xtensio
How to define it?
- Get demographics from social data
- Fully understand on-site behaviors from Google Analytics
- Ask all of the questions whether it’s through surveys, polls, or a social post.
You built your persona. Now, what do you do?
- Have fun with segmentation. Social sprout says, “Segmenting your audience by persona can influence everything from your content calendar to your ad strategy.”
- Adapt your brand voice. We love this tip. Talk to your customers the way they talk.
- Tweak your content strategy. Are you producing content that speaks to your personas’ motivations and frustrations?
The bottom line – Social Media Personas will help you uncover a more meaningful social strategy.