Famed copywriter Eugene Schwartz believed there were 5 stages of consumer awareness, as follows:
- Unaware: Individuals in this category are oblivious to the existence of a problem, rendering marketing efforts less effective.
- Problem Aware/Pain Aware: These individuals acknowledge the presence of a problem but are unaware of potential solutions to address it.
- Solution Aware: This group recognizes the availability of solutions but has not made a decision and remains uninformed about your product.
- Product Aware: Individuals in this category are familiar with your product but remain uncertain about its ability to resolve their issue.
- Most Aware: Those in this group possess extensive knowledge about your product and stand at the brink of making a purchase, requiring specific details to seal the deal.
To find out how to communicate effectively to consumers at all stages of awareness, check out Active Campaign.