If it’s free, it’s for we.
We love sharing the best freebies around for your SEO and keyword researchin’ needs. Let’s break down the top contenders of 2022:
- Moz Keyword Explorer: This is one of the go-tos for general SEO support and keyword research. While Moz only shows a few metrics for keywords, that’s kinda a good thing. Moz uses a “Priority Score” to simplify keyword research by giving you the bottom line on whether a keyword is worth chasing.
- Google Keyword Planner: It’s no surprise that one of the biggest platforms for paid ads are going to have a tool that is ideal for for researching paid keywords. Even if you don’t buy Google Ads, the Google Keyword Planner is a MUST for in-depth research on search volume, forecasting, and new keyword discovery.
- Semrush: If you need some advanced SEO support, Semrush has a slew of tools to help. If you need initial, low-volume research, that’s free and easy. The more granular you get, the more likely you will have to pay for these tools (watch out for those keyword rabbit holes if you do).
- QuestionDB: Just as the name suggests, this is perfect for finding question-based keywords. This thing sources from forums, social platforms, and search engines to find the how’s, why’s, and what’s that people are asking. Then it’s up to you to answer those big questions.
- Jaaxy: This lean tool is great for affiliate marketers, especially those just getting started. They have valuable access to a keyword’s Alexa/voice rankings and affiliate programs.
- Keyword Surfer: Get keyword insights as you Google around with this easy browser extension. This includes data like search volume and SERPs. Plus they have a Free AI Article Outline Generator to help your SEO hierarchy.
Check out the full post by Zapier for all the pros, cons, and premiums.