Top Posts of the Week
- Reddit shared some insight on Halloween engagement [Infographic] 🎃
- McDonald’s Haloween pun #TrickOrEat isn’t going over so well on Twitter
- How to do a content audit (as painlessly as possible)
- 5 takeaways from Meta’s 2022 State of Disruption Report
What We Learned
Monday: Time to eat up some acronyms. Google’s Search Quality Evaluator Guidelines gave three golden keys of insight into how Google looks at web pages and differentiates high-quality content from low-quality. SEMRush’s blog teaches us about those keys, Beneficial Purpose, E-A-T, and YMYL, and how they influence page and content quality.
Tuesday: Check out these 5 content marketing trends and see how you can build better content.
- Content audits are essential
- Keep your content narratives human first
- A top KPI for search is clickthrough rates (not just rankings)
- Short-form video is still dominating
- You better be cross-platform storytelling
Wednesday: Having a unique offer that sets you apart from the crowd is essential for many brands to get ahead. But then what if that service or product or offer is so complex, you just end up confusing audiences?The Business Journal shared 7 marketing tips to effectively explain a complex service to help ya out.
Thursday: Typically, we know when we’re making content mistakes, we just may not know how to get us out of our own ways. Go Visually listed 14 of the most common content mistakes…and how to fix them! They also had a whole bunch of content ideas to give you a nudge in the inspo department.
Our Facebook Group Has Jokes
Elena shared: I’ll take the FB ad manager one- I’m sure there’s gotta be one..
Sara shared: Seems about right…
Andrea shared: I’m not sure if this is real or a prank.
Jay shared: Terrifying. 🍫🤭
A Stunning Negroni Sbagliato with Prosecco
In case you haven’t heard this viral audio, HBO Max released a clip featuring the stars of House of the Dragon discussing their favorite drinks. That’s when Emma D’Arcy delivered an iconic “A Negroni…Sbagliato…with Prosecco in it.”
- 1 oz Galliano L’Aperitivo or Campari
- 1 oz Sweet Vermouth
- 1 oz Prosecco
- Orange wedge or peel
- Build ingredients into an ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with orange wedge or peel.
Recipe by Galliano
Have no Fear 😱
Carney is here.
Carney is a full-service digital agency focused on building brands that cut through the noise 🔪 When we create, when we strategize, when we collaborate, we always go in for the kill. Because we live for the thrill of seeing you win.
Hit us up for your strategy, content, design, development, and marketing projects.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past