Quick! No Googling...
Top Posts of the Week
- Frito-Lay’s Cracker Jack brand unveiled “Cracker Jill” with 5 different designs
- Merch we didn’t know we NEEDED –– McDonald’s hops on the TikTok rug-making trend with chicken sandwich rugs
- Dyson launched new headphones with an air-purifying mask (and it is not an April Fool’s joke)
- Oreo doesn’t care if you don’t like their LGBTQ+ ally content (Oreo also released a beautiful short film)
What We Learned
Monday: We talked about how advertisers can approach Google’s 2022 ad priorities of Automation, Measurement, and Privacy. Not all of Google’s ad updates are in the best interest of for brands, particularly those in the service-oriented industry. So sometimes brands have to be careful on how much they invest in ad automation.
Tuesday: How can brands make the most of social eCommerce? The Social Shepherd gave 7 steps for setting your social media channels up for eCommerce success. This included great examples for content on any social media platform and helpful tools.
Wednesday: Gen Z appreciates a lot of things from brands like transparency and mission-driven values. We talked about 4 big trends to keep in mind when appealing to Gen Z shoppers. Typical Gen Z attitudes include having high standards for service experiences and expect a consistent experience online.
Thursday: Has your brand seen what you look like in the dark? Email Uplers are email experts and wanted to give some fo the top design and preparation tips for dark mode email compatibility. This includes having your code ready and your images optimized a certain way.
Join the Conversation
Jenn asked, “Looking for average TikTok KPIs (ctr, cpc, etc.) for advertising. I know Facebook and Google have their own KPIs for advertisers and I’m trying to find something similar for TikTok.”
Danny posted, “Anyone have experience in hiring with Facebook ads? Have a client who needs to attract more new hires for an upcoming push in July. Is this a good idea to use Facebook?? Bad idea??”
Andrea shared, “Great cross platform campaign – who else loves Liberty Biberty?” (The responses were love or hate.)
Lynsey wrote, “Hey friends, I would love SWAG suggestions – for a teacher training conference.”
Strawberry Pisco Sour 🍓
- 10 ounces pisco (a grape-distilled spirit from Peru or Chile)
- 6 ounces lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 ounces strawberry-rose syrup
- 1 egg white
- Make the strawberry-rose syrup by taking sugar, strawberries, and rose water and boiling them together, then strain.
- Add pisco, lime juice, and the strawberry-rose syrup into a blender with two scoops of ice.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Add egg white and blend again for five to 10 seconds.
- Strain through a coarse strainer into glasses.
Recipe by Liquor.com
Sponsor the Carnage
We love sharing news, trends, tactics, and tools with The Daily Carnage readers. If you have something sweet to share, too, we’re dying to hear about it.
The Daily Carnage has options and spots for your content or tool. Show us something that our audience of marketing professionals would find helpful.
Get your stuff some action!
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Which brand uses this crown in its logo?