Be in The Know
- Hey millennials, Lip Smacker is opening the vault to celebrate its 50th anniversary.
- Seeing a sudden spike in indexed URLs by Google Search? Here’s why.
- Pinterest’s new algorithms want you to see every body type.
- Yes, this is news: SlimJim and Cinnabon are getting married after dating on X for a year. Unclear what this means for consumer packaged goods.
The GA4 Event Types
In Universal Analytics, interactions were tracked simply as “hits.” Now, in GA4, any engagement with your site or app is referred to as an “event.” Let’s break down event types.
- Automatically collected events are gathered automatically without additional configuration upon setup. You don’t need to turn them on, set them up, or customize them. These include session_start event, first_visit event, and user_engagement event.
- Enhanced measurement events are captured when you enable enhanced measurement upon setup. These include page views, scrolls to the bottom of a page, outbound link clicks, site searches, engagement with embedded videos, file downloads, and form interactions.
- Recommended events are implemented with predefined names and parameters. Google recommends a set of events based on your business vertical.
- Custom events can be implemented when no other pre-existing event suits your measurement needs. You will need to create custom reports or explorations to analyze these events.
Check out the GA4 Glossary at Segmentify to get up to speed on GA4 terms.
Smash or Pass
Copy Video Frame
Hot tip: Google quietly announced a new feature built into Chrome that makes it way easier to grab high-quality screenshots from videos. Just pause anywhere in a video and right-click to select “Copy Video Frame” to get a clean copy of your desired frame. It comes in handy for all sorts of things—like curating a newsletter, for example.
Tell us why in a 3-minute survey.
It’s for science! We’re collecting FAQs for our next webinar: GA4 Like a Pro: Build Confidence in The New Age of Analytics with Steve Lamar (Really Good Data) on September 20 at 1:00 p.m. EST.
Tackle Some Tacos
The NFL’s Watt brothers come together in the name of Old El Paso in this new spot. Tacoboy TJ even wears a coat full of taco supplies and tackles a giant hot dog.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past