Be in the Know
Let’s Talk About Stories
Stories are taking over. Seriously.
Over a billion of them are shared every single day across Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp.
Why should you care?
Because you’re a marketer and those numbers are staggering.
In case you got a case of Encino Man (if you know, you know), Stories consist of a vertical (9:16) piece of mobile content. Photos, videos, filters, frames, stickers, polls, etc. They are only visible for 24 hours once posted.
The power of stories.
During the Facebook F8 conference, Facebook dropped some data on Stories…
- 56% of people say they use Stories on three or more platforms at least once a week, and 57% agree that Stories make them feel part of a larger community.
- 1 in 2 people surveyed say they have visited a website—and 31% have gone to a store—to buy a product/service as a result of having seen it in Stories.
- 60% of businesses on Instagram Stories use an interactive element every month.
Keys to Creating Effective Stories and Stories Ads:
Facebook also dropped some knowledge on creating effective stories during the F8 conference. Here’s what they said:
- Creative is really important: “56% of a brand’s sales lift can be attributed to the quality of the creative.” Don’t get lazy with your creative folks. Use high-resolution imagery and pixel-perfect video.
- Speed is key: Stories are all about quick and dynamic content. Use stories for immersive and interactive content. Think…short attention spans.
- Take advantage of the vertical format: Use the real estate that the platform is giving you. In other words, fill the frame. Don’t throw a landscape video or photo into your stories. Put in the extra work and go vertical with it.
- Limit stickers: Use stickers to enhance the user experience, but don’t overdo it.
- Open and close with your brand: Think, Brand Awareness. It can be as simple as adding your logo in a pre-roll screen.
- Draw attention to your CTA: If you want folks to swipe up, make sure you tell them to swipe up. Don’t be shy.
We’ll end with the following stat; 50% of users report they have visited a website to buy a product or service first seen in a Story.
It’s time to step up your story game.
Buy me a Coffee
Give your audience a way to thank you with Buy Me A Coffee 2.0.
It’s kind of like Patreon with a unique spin. We dig it!
Dog Tested. Dog Approved.
Subaru is back with its Dog Tested, Dog Approved commercial.
“Dreams come true when Baby Barkley catches the attention of a big rig on the family road trip in the Subaru Forester.”
“Great marketers have immense empathy for their audience. They can put themselves in their shoes, live their lives, feel what they feel, go where they go, and respond how they’d respond.”