Be in the Know
- What is Search Forecasting and why does it matter for your SEO strategy?
- Turning lemons into lemonade – Budweiser pledges to send unsold World Cup beer to winning country after alcohol sales were banned at Qatar’s stadium
- If you are investing in TV ads of any kind, you better know about advertising on Fast channels
- Jimmy John’s created a Football Translator smart speaker with the voice of Jimmy Johnson
How Brands are Using YouTube Shorts
Shorts are great to entertain your audience and help you to possibly persuade the right peeps to take action with your brand. They’re a little different than TikToks and Reels, so we’re going to break down how to use them properly.
Benefits of YouTube Shorts:
- You can reach a wider audience. YouTube has 774.6 million active mobile users.
- Shorts can tell stories. Use it for highlights, recaps, short observations, or even a multi-part series that can gain traction.
- It’s getting hot. Users are more likely to see Shorts than your longer-form video content hosted on YouTube because brands are just now getting in on the action.
How to Make Shorts:
- Check out the YouTube app. YouTube has native editing tools right in the app.
- Specifically create a Short. You don’t want to just re-upload a TikTok (we know, it’s tempting to reduce steps in your process). PLUS you only have 60 seconds for YouTube Shorts, so make it count.
- Mind Your Ps and Qs. YouTube doesn’t follow trending audio and music in the same way that TikTok and Instagram does. BUT you should still consider adding a music track, text, and filters to improve your video overall. Be sure to make it public.
Check out the full post by Metigy for real examples of successful Shorts that worked for brands and creators.
Q for You
Looking for some better video editing on your phone? Quik is GoPro’s editing app that is perfect for creating multiple video formats, including Shorts, Reels, and TikToks. While it’s great for GoPro users to have more control over video footage through a phone, you don’t have to own one to use the app. Import photos and videos from your phone, GoPro, or any other camera!
It comes with some standard editing tools like video speed, trimming, and filters. But where it stands out is its not-so-standard editing like auto-synicing with music beats and creating automatic highlight videos created in seconds.
You have the floor...
The Daily Carnage is the newsletter for marketers, by marketers, sharing marketers’ stuff.
So what will you share next?
If you have a piece of content, software, tools, or tips that Carnage readers could benefit from, we want it. We have several options for sponsored content, so let’s talk!
We don’t suggest lying to your loved ones about what you feed them, but it makes for some great ad content. Wholly Veggie! is a brand that creates plant-based foods and it recently created this series of “haha you just ate vegetables” ads. They include ridiculous rock ballads narrating the rollercoaster of emotions involved with this bamboozling.
This ad features parents who betray the trust of their kids with the consolation prize that they eat veggies and don’t die of scurvy.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1946, Reliance Ensada