Do Ya Know?
Top Posts of The Week
- It’s not you. Rival IQ’s Social Media Benchmark Report shows engagement rates down across platforms.
- Messaging is the new social feed. Here’s what you should know.
- Here’s how the Silicon Valley Bank collapse could affect the marketing industry.
- Are you on the waitlist for HubSpot’s new generative AI tools?
What We Learned
Monday: Take your marketing skills to the next level and learn from the industry’s best at Iterable’s virtual marketing conference, Activate Summit, on April 18 and 19, 2023.
Tuesday: When it comes to SEO, not all link-in-bio platforms are created equal. When selecting a service to list all of your important links, opt for one of Search Engine Land’s Top 10 link-in-bio platforms for your best chance at ranking.
Wednesday: If you’re not a PR professional but you have to write a press release, use this quick formula to draft a release that checks all the boxes and boosts your earned media efforts.
Thursday: Choosing keywords for your paid search campaign isn’t always straightforward. Here’s how to approach these 5 common PPC keyword challenges.
Join The Conversation
Leah asked, “How do you shine a light on marketing wins internally?”
Assaf asked, “How do you measure the business impact of your organic social efforts?”
Alexis shared, “Colibri Group is seeking a talented, highly motivated direct marketing director.”
Monica asked, “What does a “growth marketer” really do?”
Apps Gone Wild
What if you could pay to remove a user’s beauty filter on a social media app? What if your dating app integrated with your DNA profile and alerted you before matching with a distant relative? What if actor profiles on IMDB had a “nepo baby” badge?
Designer Soren Iverson shares mockups on Twitter that reimagine the technology we use every day in whimsical—and sometimes darkly funny—ways.
Some are simply delightful integrations (“Can your DoorDasher have a couple fries?”); but at the heart of the project is the urgent question of transparency. What does it mean for us to live in a world with so much digital subtext? Can we co-create an online landscape built on radical honesty? What would it look like?
As for Team Carney, TGIF—we’re going Ghost Mode on Slack.
Spring Buzz 🐝
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 bag chamomile tea
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 1/2 ounce St. Germain
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Edible flowers and lemon wedge, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Steep 1 bag of chamomile tea for 5 minutes, then remove tea bag and stir in honey. Allow to cool completely.
- In a rocks glass over ice, stir in 1 ounce whiskey and 1/4 ounce St. Germain. Pour in 2/3 cup tea and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice. Top with edible flowers and lemon wedge, if desired.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Did Ya Know?
Answer: Instagram has not announced any plans to sunset the “Notes” feature, which lets you “share what’s on your mind” in 60 characters or less.
To catch you up:
- TikTok did indeed ban links to the App Store from creator bios.
- Facebook announced that Messages will return to the native app experience.
- Reddit is testing a “Watch” feed that some have called a clone of TikTok.