Top Posts of the Week
- Pinterest shared their 2022 trend predictions with 35 cool categories
- Your new favorite holiday tradition might be building a gingerbread dive bar and Miller High Life has the kit
- Panera’s “ugly” holiday cups were made in collaboration with Emily Zugay, a TikToker known for her sarcastic brand “improvements”
- See what Gen Z users think of LinkedIn with this infographic
What We Learned
Monday: We all know keywords are little things that end up being a big deal to your SEO and SEM. But marketers still end up getting into keyword traps like:
- Making assumptions about how customers search
- Being too broad
- Not worrying about negative keywords
Metigy broke down how to avoid those traps and how to find your best keywords for Google Ads.
Tuesday: Button up your contact forms! How are your landing pages, forms, and questionnaires doing? Jotform gave 10 best practices for contact forms that include making it a great (and fool-proof) user experience and as functional as possible.
Wednesday: Events have been a sticky situation for 2020 and 2021. So 2022 is looking like hybrid events are gonna be the new standard where virtual and in-person availability is combined. Hopin, an event management platform, released a guide for mastering the hybrid event experience for organizers, attendees, speakers, and sponsors.
Thursday: At this point, there’s no excuse not to have an ADA-compliant and accessible website or digital asset. Yet, there are still some misconceptions about accessibility. Customer Experience Magazine told us the 4 biggest misconceptions brands make about accesibility and how to make it a standard part of your process.
Join the Conversation
Beth shared, “This image is from a brilliant social experiment about communication. It is human nature to look at something and try to make meaning out of it. No matter how much meaning you think there is in these pieces, there really isn’t. BUT with this creative group, I’m so curious — what meaning can we make of this “nothing”? Source: http://wakefelderman.blogspot.com/”
Sarah asked, “Has anyone used proposal software that they love?”
Leslie posted, “Is there a platform that does email marketing and social media scheduling?…I have a new client that wants to incorporate email marketing into his plan, I was just wondering if there is a platform that does both so I can keep his stuff all together. TYIA!”
Sara wrote, “Looking for Recommendations: A digital marketing budget tracker tool (Facebook, Google, Bing, LinkedIn). My team is currently using spreadsheet templates but there’s too much room for human error.”
Who is Carney?
We’re more than designers, developers, and marketers. We’re a nimble team of data-obsessed strategists, deep thinkers, believers, over-achievers, artists, curators, and dedicated guides.
Carney is devoted to being nimble and quick, jumping over candlesticks to find tactics that build loyal audiences and spur company growth.
We love brands! Let’s partner up to talk about yours.
- 8 oz pomegranate seeds
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup orange juice fresh squeezed if possible
- 6 oz rum or vodka
- 16 oz pomegranate juice
- 16 oz 100% cranberry juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 oz Prosecco sparkling wine
- Slice oranges into thin slices and cut the slices in half.
- Combine orange slices, pomegranate seeds, pomegranate juice, orange juice, cranberry juice, and vanilla together in a punch bowl or pitcher. Add rum or vodka, then mix
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Add Prosecco right before serving.
Recipe from Will Cook for Smiles
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1941, Johnnie Walker
Whos has been named the “Queen of Christmas”?
Mrs. Claus? We don’t know her. It’s Mariah Carey 👑
Mariah Carey continues to be the reigning Queen of Christmas as her song “All I Want for Christmas is You” hit a record Diamond Certification this year. And if you haven’t seen her McDonald’s Holiday Menu, it’s time to change that.