Top Posts of the Week
- Experts Predict Top 10 Social Media Trends for 2021 [Infographic]
- How Content and Marketing Automation Can Maximize Your Digital Marketing Efforts [Infographic]
- Copywriting 101: 6 Traits of Excellent Copy Readers Will Remember
- Facebook Shares New Insight on Ad Performance Based on Frequency
What We Learned
Monday: Wordstream told us 4 easy strategies for more effective holiday YouTube Ads. The strategies entail utilizing YouTube shopping campaigns, YouTube sitelink extensions, YouTube call-to-action extensions, and YouTube lead form ads.
Tuesday: Hubspot tackled copywriting with 6 traits of excellent copy readers will remember. They are:
- It tilts your perspective.
- It finds connections.
- It has a stunning lead.
- It is born out of listening.
- It avoids jargon and hyperbole.
- It cuts out excess.
- It places the lotion in the basket. (JK – Happy Halloween!)
Wednesday: Convince & Convert covered how to convert free opt-in trial users into paying customers. Help ensure trial users don’t all fall off the map by shortening the trial period, sending trial ending notices, creating an exhaustive knowledge base, and running (seasonal) special offers.
Thursday: Campaign Monitor reviewed 5 ideas you can use when pitching email marketing to your clients. These include:
- Offer statistics to prove that email marketing works.
- Track the results from email marketing to connect results to specific campaigns.
- Manage email marketing with ease.
- Emphasize the flexibility of email marketing.
Join The Community
Faith posted, “Since Halloween is coming up, does anyone have any marketing horror stories they’d like to share? I don’t have any good ones, unfortunately, cause otherwise I’d start.”
Rebecca said, “I’m working with someone on putting together new client goodie bags and I would love some ideas for promo items. It’s for a dental office and they want to do something else other than tooth brushes lol any feedback would be great!”
Rikki wrote, “I’m wondering if any of you are in the wedding services space–and if so, have any resources/market research reports/anything you recommend to a newbie looking to learn more?”
Clare wants to know, “Anyone successfully using Whatsapp for business to maintain customer contact in these strange times? Can you share any pros/cons if so?”
What’s your next move? Sharp Jobs has a variety of open positions sourced directly from The Daily Carnage community.
Find one that suits you or post a position you’re looking to fill.
- 1 1/2 ounces cognac
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur (Grand Marnier)
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 2 ounces ginger ale (to fill)
- Garnish: orange wheel and lime twist
- Gather the ingredients
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake the cognac, liqueur, and juice.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass over fresh ice. Top with ginger ale.
- Float an orange wheel with a lime twist poked into the top.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by The Spruce Eats
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Last week’s answer:
Each year, more than _____ million pounds of candy corn is produced.
Which of the following is NOT a term for a scarecrow?