Be in the Know
- SpaceX and a new partner announce space tourism launches on Dragon starting as early as 2021
- Kickstarter workers vote to unionize
- Coronavirus impact on tech industry predicted in new report
- Volocopter and Grab team up to test air taxi service in Southeast Asia
The 5 Essential Digital Marketing Skills You Need (& How to Get Them!)
How would you define marketing? Some call it a sales tactic. Others may see it as a pain in the you know what… kidding, kidding.
See our friends from WordStream believe marketing is all about making connections with individuals. And we whole-heartedly agree. But marketing doesn’t just work from belief. There are several skillsets to master to become an expert in the field. And well, y’all should know we’re all about learning.
A recent article from WordStream covers five digital marketing skills that are crucial for success in today’s landscape. Let’s get going:
- Copywriting. It’s about creating materials that aren’t just promotion, but also to capture attention, communicate value, and inspire action with a limited number of words and space.
- Search Engine Optimization. People use search engines to make confident purchasing decisions. And understanding SEO is crucial to get your business to appear for relevant searches.
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising. It offers visibility at the top of search engines, on social media, on apps and so on. But it comes with a learning curve with budget management, keyword research, target marketing among others.
- Email. A consistently effective and versatile strategy, email marketing can convert leads, engage dormant customers, build loyalty, and more. But we probs don’t have to remind you about the power of list building.
Get resources to different tools/courses and amp up each of these skills. Plus, learn about one more that can help you beef up your marketing chops. Click through, folks!
We love learning. Heck, the Daily Carnage is built on sharing how to become the sharpest marketer in the room. Any reliable resource that can help us get better at our job is a friend.
Folks, let us introduce you to WordStream’s Growth Academy! This free resource can teach marketers, small business owners, and agency owners the skills needed to succeed in growing their careers and their businesses. Deepen your skillset with comprehensive and interactive classes like online advertising basics, ecommerce, lead generation, agency account management, and more.
Growth Academy isn’t a watch once and forget later resource. The courses allow you to put your new knowledge to the test with quizzes and certifications.
Ready to learn?
Facebook Question of the Day
Devin has a good q for y’all, “Hey Carnies! Anyone have examples of brands that have gone through a rebrand and what those brands did to promote it on social media? An example that comes to mind is Chobani.”
Guys, we LOVE this ad spot. Angry Birds and our friends at Duolingo are teaming up to teach language learners a lesson.
Two enraged mascots *strongly encourage* a bar patron to stick with his French lessons and not lose his streak. It has all the ingredients of making your day better. Give it a watch and for goodness sake, don’t anger the birds!
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“A positive attitude is something everyone can work on, and everyone can learn how to employ it.”