How to Turn Marketing Advice into Action
We’ve been tossing a lot of marketing advice in your direction. We hope you’re always catching it, but we know how many marketing sources are out there – it can be overwhelming to you and your inbox. We don’t know about the rest of ‘em, but we def don’t want to see you drowning in a sea of blogs, tutorials, infographics, and newsletters (no matter how charming).
Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them. David Allen has the right idea. His book, Getting Things Done, is like a super-powered management system to transform this overwhelm into an integrated system of stress-free productivity. It’s also a key ingredient in today’s Listen.
Tune in to this 21-minute episode with Copyblogger’s Sonia Simone, who outlines her system for capturing ideas and how she turns them into action steps for a successful business.
Here are the three parts:
- The tool every creative person needs to capture ideas as they fly by
- Understanding the top-level categories all marketing advice falls into
- The 16-year-old productivity advice that she still uses every day (whaddup David Allen)
7 Principles to Get Leads from Social Media
Pretty much every company is using social media. (See what we did there?) It seems like many are just going through the motions, though – appeasing a higher-up without any real strategy on how it’s going to drive traffic and leads.
If your company doesn’t have a strategy to make money from social media, you’re missing out. Plain ‘n’ simple.
Today, we’re serving up an article from social media guru, Sam Hurley, about how you can gain leads from social media. Here are all 7 of Sam’s steps:
- Engage with people on social media – don’t just post your own updates
- Align your posts with what people actually want to read
- Promote action! It’s difficult to generate leads without giving people a call-to-action
- Post timely, targeted, specific, helpful, and actionable content
- Find what content actually converts
- Differentiate your social media posts from your competitors
- Give your followers a reason to trust you
Growth Marketing Revealed: The Latest Tools You Need to Discover
New and innovative technologies challenge marketing methods on the daily. To stay on top, many of us become life-long learners. We watch tutorials, explore new tech, or more importantly, read The Daily Carnage. (Ah, we love a good, shameless plug.)
After all, marketing is all about learning! Today’s Watch features David Arnoux as he shares 2017 growth insight secrets. Providing a ton of new tools and tactics, this entertaining vid covers:
- Email strategy
- Event-based analytics
- SEO tooling
- Audience categories.
It’s a fast-paced delivery of awesome info, and it gets even better: this video is episode one of a tri-weekly series. Word.
“The future is already here – it’s just not evenly distributed.”