Be in the Know
- Google makes podcasts playable in search results.
- Game of Thrones creators inked a $200m deal with Netflix to make exclusive shows and films.
- Uber lost a lot of money last quarter. How much? $5 billion dollars. 😱
- Facebook is paying millions to bring back publishers.
- The Yearly Carnage is back. Get access to early bird tickets.
7,200 members strong. Let’s keep it going in our Facebook group.
Here’s what went down this week:
- Dan was curious as to what everyone’s home screens look like. His post garnered some serious engagement.
- Casey wants to know if anyone else has seen a brand presence where they didn’t expect that really paid off? Casey cites a solid example in her post. Check it out.
- Victoria is about to switch from a B2C Communications/PR/Marketing agency to a similar role at a B2B agency. Any advice for making the B2C to B2B switch?
- Annabel asks, “How would you approach talking to a client who occasionally micromanages projects?” Suggestions?
- Marissa says, “As marketers, we see out of office emails all the time but this is quite possibly the best one I have ever seen.” What do you think?
Tickets are Live.
Posts of the Week
Drink of the Week
“Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!”
Here’s an easy rum drink. A classic spin on the Tequila Sunrise.
- 12 oz. orange juice
- 3 oz. light rum
- 2 tbsp. grenadine
- lime slices, for garnish
Recipe via Delish.