Help us Out
Hey folks. We have a big ask today. If you’re enjoying the Daily Carnage, head to the bottom of the email and refer a friend or 10. We’ll send you stickers, coffee mugs, socks and much more.
Shameless plug here while we’re at it…
We built out our own referral system because we couldn’t find anything that worked for us. It’s called Scalemail. Hit us up if you want a demo.
Be in the Know
Posts of the Week
- Social media trends you need to know for 2020. Free download. 🔥(via Talkwalker)
- Instagram stats that may surprise you. (via DigitalMarketer)
- Discover and analyze top-performing content in your niche. (via Ahrefs)
- Why your IG story views are down and what to do about it. (via Later)
- Shopify expands into email marketing. (via TechCrunch)
You hear this every week, but our FB group continues to crush. If you aren’t in it, get there.
Here’s what went down this week.
- Maria says, “This is awesome. Hilarious and endearing at the same time. And so wonderful to see an ad for Gen X. I would buy for that reason alone! And, omg, the BEAR!” What do you think?
- Backcountry.com had itself a week. PR disaster anyone? Join the conversation here.
- Camden says, “Can I get some suggestions on where to start in the marketing job world? I graduate in May and I’m kind of overwhelmed by how many kinds of marketing jobs are out there.” Help a Carney out.
- Sam says, “Thoughts on creative/modern resumes vs. traditional plain text format?” What do you think?
Drink of the Week
It’s snowing in Pittsburgh today, which means we’re warming up with some Hot Cocoa.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Miniature marshmallows, sweetened whipped cream or cinnamon sticks, optional
Grab the recipe here.
“Creativity is intelligence having fun.”