Top Posts of the Week
- Adidas and Allbirds have come together on a shoe collaboration that looks cool but keeps it eco-friendly
- See how brands have pivoted their marketing in anticipation of HBO Max’s “Friends Reunion”
- Planters gives Mr. Peanut a refreshed look as they prepare to be sold by Kraft Heinz to Hormel
- Bed Bath & Beyond introduces a new brand, Simple Essentials, as they work towards new modern image
What We Learned
Monday: Marketing Tech News gave us examples of phygital retail adaptations in their piece The Need for ‘Evolved Phygital’: Ramping Up the Experience. Some ways you can advance your physical and digital approach to user experience were:
- Contactless customer service are using digital displays and touch screens.
- Innovative technology combining their social media and physical shopping environments like “smart hangers.”
Tuesday: G2’s Learn Hub gives us insights in their Beyond the Basics of Reviews of how B2B businesses should be paying attention to B2C when it comes to review collection and UGC.
Wednesday: We got a Crash Course on CAPTCHA’s from cybersecurity company Imperva. There are plenty of options out there to filter out bots and block hacking. Here are the types, to review:
- Text-based CAPTCHAs
- Image-based CAPTCHAs
- Audio CAPTCHAs
- Math or Word Problems
- Social Media Sign In
- No CAPTCHA ReCAPTCHA
Thursday: VWO gave a list of 10 benefits to having a mobile app over just having a mobile-friendly website. The first five were:
- Better personalization
- Easy notifications
- Access to mobile device features
- Offline use
- Design freedom
Join the Conversation
Elyse posted, “Best iPhone video editing app please?”
Brandon shared, “This ad copy made me chuckle…”
Marie wrote, “Dear Carnies, let’s play: tell me you are a marketer without telling me you are a marketer 😎”
Rachael asked, “I managed to set up an auto-reply for all Instagram DM’s for my business a while ago. Now, I can’t figure out how to edit it! […] Any advice?”
Lend me some sugar
I am your neighbor!
We love sharing news, trends, tactics, tools, and sometimes gifs with The Daily Carnage readers. If you have something sweet to share, too, we want a piece of that.
The Daily Carnage has options and spots for your content or tool. Let’s get down to business and get your stuff some action!
Smashed + Spiked Strawberry Lemonade
- 4 medium strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces lemonade
- Sliced strawberry, for ✨garnish✨
- Gather the ingredients.
- Muddle the strawberries in the bottom of a tumbler or old-fashioned glass.
- Add ice, followed by the vodka.
- Top with the lemonade.
- Garnish with strawberry slices laid out in a fan (for the ‘gram).
- Serve and enjoy.
Recipe from the Spruce Eats
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
What does “HTML” stand for?
d. HyperText Markup Language
In observation of Memorial Day, we will return June 2!