What Do You Want to Learn...
Pick the topic you want to learn tomorrow👇
*|SURVEY: How BarkBox Took an Obscure Holiday and Turned It into a Killer Social Media Campaign|*
*|SURVEY: How to Master UX Writing in 4 Simple Steps (+ Template)|*
Be in the Know
- Hundreds of Amazon employees put jobs at risk by criticizing the firm’s climate change policy
- Atari-branded hotels with e-sports studios and game rooms are coming to the US
- Microsoft forced to create a free Windows 7 update just days after updates ended
- GM commits $3 billion to build electric and autonomous vehicles in Michigan
How the Facebook Algorithm Works in 2020 and How to Make it Work for You
Ready to learn how Facebook’s algorithm changed for 2020? The crew at Hootsuite outlined the changes since creation and boy is it a hefty list. More importantly, they highlight how the algorithm works right now and what you need to do to get it working for ya.
The algorithm we know today works off a variety of ranking signals that order posts in the feed by the likelihood of enjoying them. These ranking signals are largely dictated by behavior. SO how do you take advantage?
Let’s dive in…
1. Start conversations that get people talking to each other. The objective is to get people interacting with your page as they would a friend. When you begin building those likes, shares, and comments, Facebook will see your page as valuable and reward you for the effort. Because it does take effort.
2. Post when your audience is online. Listen, y’all have to stop talking to yourselves. Jump into Facebook’s Page Insights to find out when your audience is online and talk to them. Hootsuite suggests,
- “B2B brand posts perform best between 9am-2pm on Tues., Wed., and Thurs.”
- “B2C brand posts perform best at noon on Mon., Tues., and Wed.”
3. Never post content that will get you down-ranked. Facebook specifically told us the following categories will get your Page down-ranked immediately:
- Links to sites that use scraped or stolen content with no added value
- Borderline content (a.k.a offensive but not prohibited content)
- Misinformation and fake news
- Misleading health information or dangerous “cures”
- “Deepfake videos” or manipulated videos flagged as false by third-party fact-checkers
4. Post high-quality videos longer than 3 minutes. Facebook favors quality, original video. Hootsuite offers these guidelines to keep in mind for video creation on Facebook:
- Videos that people search for and return to
- Videos that people watch past the minute mark, and that are longer than 3 minutes
- Videos that aren’t repurposed from other sources and that have plenty of added value.
5 more tips, friends. You know what to do!
Get a Marketing Apprentice
Calling all business owners & entrepreneurs from our Daily Carnage fam, do we have a treat for you. Drum roll, please….. 🥁🥁
Introducing our friends at Acadium. Help a novice marketer launch their career and get 10-hours/week for 3 months of extra help with your marketing efforts. Acadium connects you with a marketing apprentice who will help you grow your business in exchange for your mentorship and feedback. Here’s how we would use it:
- Month one: your new apprentice joins your team to help manage low-friction tasks
- Month two: dive into more advanced tasks for deeper execution and growth.
- Month three: Analyze KPIs and double down on the strategies that work.
Your business gets fresh ideas and assistance growing your business. Plus, the help you need and an opportunity to help shape the future of education! It’s a win-win!
On our reading list...
Can’t nobody tell Sam Elliott nothin’
That’s it. Stuck in our heads all over again. Although this time it isn’t horses in the back – it’s Sam Elliot.
Doritos is ready to deliver another winner this game day and is presenting the cool rancher, Sam Elliot, with his alluring baritone. It’s purely spoken word, but you’ll be sure to fill in the gaps with the oh-so-familiar tune.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Every artist was first an amateur.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson