The Beautiful Future of Retail
Beautiful future? That’s something we haven’t heard about retail in awhile. Healey Cypher, the founder and CEO of Oak Labs, is changing how we think about the retail experience. If you don’t know about Oak, today’s Listen will get you hip to it.
Created out of necessity to change the human experience while shopping, Oak partners with retailers to embed tech into stores and bring the best of online into the real world. Forget the robots, this is about something far more enchanting – magic mirrors. Come again? MAGIC MIRRORS. But, this ain’t no fairytale, this is reality. “
Picture it: the fitting room mirror comes alive to show you more colors and sizes available in the garment you have with you. You can request new items via the mirror’s interactive touch screen and a salesperson will bring you the garment you want. Because, as it is now, 47% of customer’s don’t bother to ask for help if something they like isn’t out on the floor. Oak’s mirrors aim to offer better service, better personalization, and a better experience.
Here are some more mirror morsels you’ll get out of this fascinating interview:
- The mirror is currently in 17 cities
- 85 out of 100 people are using it meaningfully – meaning they interact with the touch screen and request new garments
- 59-72% of customers spend more money via the mirror
- 40% of visitors are spending less time in the fitting room thanks to the mirror
Increase Conversions with Google Analytics
Analytics kinda rule our lives, and Google Analytics is one of the best tools for checking website analytics. If you’re like us, you probably log into GA every day, click around, and…sort of know what you’re doing.
Google Analytics does so much, too, that it’s hard to figure out what everything does exactly. But we want to know it all, and now. (Hey, we’re a bunch of millennials.)
Here’s something you might not have considered using it for: increasing your conversion rates. Yessir, with all that data, you can come up with a solid strategy to improve your conversion rates. We like the sound of this.
Today’s Read covers that. Here are some of their tips:
- Monitor bounce rate. If you want users to do a number of things on your website, you’ve gotta track this metric. We’re big fans of bounce rate.
- Use internal site search. This will help you understand what your users are actually looking for.
- Analyze your users’ behavior. Behavior analysis is one of the lesser-known tools in Google Analytics, but damn, it’s a good tool.
- Use the landing page reports to figure out exactly what users are doing on your landing pages.
There are so many killer tips in this one that we just couldn’t list them all.
Biggest Market Strategies for 2017
Everything’s better when it grows. Flowers, followers, businesses, your bank account…
In today’s Watch, Noah Kagan dives into the marketing pool to give ya tips on how to use the market to grow your company. We’re always here for these kind of tips.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Free software as lead gen
- Paid marketing on untapped channels
- Cross promoting will continue
- Acquisition as marketing
- More advanced content marketing
- Marketing internationally
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.”