Be in the Know
- Instagram is pausing the development of their app for children until further notice, claiming more research is needed
- Hear that engine purrrr. Honda’s new campaign makes music from motorcycle revs
- Google is looking to make some search deals with Instagram and TikTok for better search results
- Woah! Despite criticism, TikTok has over 1 billion monthly users and continues to grow
NFTs and What They Mean for Marketers
Non-fungible tokens…Heard of ‘em? They’re kind of all over the place right now, but what the heck are they? Well, let’s give ya the crash course from Medium.
What are NFTs?
Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are a type of cryptographic token that represents a unique digital asset. It is based on blockchain technology, like cryptocurrencies. Basically, while both are are blockchain-verified, cryptocurrency is treated like dollar bills (non-unique), and NFTs are treated like pieces of art (one of a kind). NFTs, though, are not mutually interchangeable.
Well, there have been some crazy NFT sales out there that have the attention of investors piqued. For brand marketers, the rise of NFTs brings a whole world of new marketing possibilities. Let’s get into some of the big NFT marketing ideas:
- Creating Scarcity: DLC for video games and in-app purchases are familiar examples. NFTs make that DLC more exclusive or collectible. We’re seeing this on a commercial scale with the console wars and system-exclusive games. Creating digital goods to be rare is where NFTs come to play.
- Rethinking Monetization: Today, most digital content is being monetized via platforms, like Facebook, podcasts, or Hulu, as ad middleman. NFTs shift the ownership back to creators. As Apple continues to shake up traditional digital advertising, NFTs might be the new remedy.
- Tokenizing Access: Gated content, experiences, and services can all be individually made NFTs. For brands, that means a new way to think about access management, again without third parties.
Dunno! There are several industries like retail and entertainment most interested in NFTs. Experimentation and new media models are happening now, but one of the biggest roadblocks is going to be that NFTs are in a wild West as far as regulations.
Check out Medium’s full piece for examples of brands already breaking into NFTs!
Q for You
Need custom illustrations without the custom price tag? Open Peeps is a hand-drawn, FREE illustration library. It has mix-and-match combinations of everything you could need: Facial expressions, clothing, poses, backgrounds, and objects. These aren’t your typical blob illustrations, they’re charming and expressive with options that are always expanding with more prosthetics, poses, and body types. And did we mention it was free?? The library is under CC0. What are you waiting for, peeps?
Make your newsletter more interactive by letting readers take action right within your emails with Scalemail Polls. This polling system provides a way to engage with your readers in a fun and simple way, without taking them out of the actual email.
Reach out to us about getting Scalemail Polls into your newsletter. We’ll get you a snazzy demo scheduled!
Pardon Your Fresh
Sometimes you just wanna let it be down when something is good af. When it comes to Pine-Sol, and watching your mouth around company, there’s clean, and there’s clean af. By that, they mean clean “and fresh.” It’s a good save and we hope it comes in handy for you someday (i.e. kids, in-laws, keeping your mouth clean at work).
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1964, Dole …🤔
“Intentional creativity is using data to reduce options to those with the greatest probability of success.”