Be in the Know
- Uber’s losses top $1 billion, trumping better than expected revenues.
- The 7 most important announcements from Microsoft Ignite.
- Dropbox’s new transfer feature lets you easily send a file to someone, WeTransfer style.
- Photoshop adds an extremely helpful AI subject selection tool.
Instagram Stories Views Are Down – Here’s How to Fix It
It’s no secret that Instagram Story views are down across the board. Folks are chatting about it in our FB group as well (see the question of the day below 👇).
The drop in views has a lot to do with IG’s crackdown on third-party bot services. This is actually a good thing because fake engagement isn’t good for anyone.
If you’re seeing a drop in your story views, here are few tips to get you back on track.
- Review your analytics: You can’t grow if you don’t know. You need to check your IG analytics on the daily. Look for trends. What’s resonating? What’s not? Instagram only keeps your analytics for 2 weeks in the app, so it’s helpful to use a tool that keeps track of your data. *See tools section below.
- Add relevant hashtags & locations: This is one of the best ways to increase organic reach. When folks search for locations on IG, there’s a good chance your story will populate. And don’t forget about hashtags. You’re able to use up to 10 per story. Try to niche down on your tags (posts with 10k-50k are ideal).
- Post to Stories often: Consistency is key. But, seriously it is. The more you post to Stories, the greater chance you’ll have reaching your audience by being bumped up in the feed.
- Use Stickers: You have a lot of options when it comes to story stickers. Wanna know the best for driving engagement? Poll, emoji slider, and question stickers. Use them. They’re free!
Check out a few more tips below. 👇
There are a lot of IG scheduling tools.
We’re big fans of Later. If you read the article above, Later is great for a lot of things.
- Tracking data: Great for noticing long-term trends rather than the 2 weeks of data that IG provides.
- Story scheduling: When it comes to staying consistent, Later makes it easy with advanced scheduling for Stories. We love this!
- Visual content calendar: Being able to preview your feed before you post is 🔥
- Auto Publish: No notifications required!
Pricing starts out at $19/month for businesses. You can’t beat that.
What Else We’re Reading
- 10 Instagram Stats That May Surprise You.
Here’s a throwback Tuesday video for those of you still in Halloween mode.
You can’t go wrong with Halloween at Dunder Mifflin (or can you?).
Facebook Question of the Day
Alanah says, “Does anyone have insights into the specific changes to hashtag usage in the latest IG update? My hashtag game was strong… up until about 4 days ago when it has plummeted.”
“Strategy combined with voice will create a powerful winning difference for your content”