Be in the Know
- Ryan Reynolds keeps making marketing moves as his agency Maximum Effort Marketing is acquired by MNTN
- For TWO DAYS only, you can race to some rewards with this Chipotle racing video game
- Peeps are loving Ferrera’s Space Jam candy collaboration that hits their Trolli, Keebler, NERDS, and SweeTARTS brands
- T-Mobile is selling 5Gin and 5Ginger Beer to, like, celebrate their 5G network
The 10 Marketing KPIs You Should be Tracking
(If you aren’t already.)
Sales revenue and leads are important data points to track. But where are they coming from? There are several other KPIs you should track to identify which campaigns and tactics have the greatest impact. This is gonna be a bit of a terminology review, but give these KPIs some tracking love:
- Customer acquisition cost (CAC): Customer acquisition cost measures how much money it costs to convert a lead into a customer (including costs like manpower and software).
- Customer lifetime value (LTV): Customer lifetime value indicates the total revenue you can expect from a single customer. If your CAC is higher than your LTV, then you should rethink your spending on getting new customers.
- Marketing ROI: The marketing ROI formula is (sales growth – marketing investment)/marketing investment
- Marketing qualified leads (MQL): An MQL is a potential customer who has shown interest and use for your brand and could become a serious prospect if you nurture the relationship.
- Referral traffic: Referral traffic is a marketing KPI that helps you understand where your website visitors come from. It’s essential to track to understand where to put effort into a given channel.
- Conversion rate: This is the percentage of visitors who complete a desired action, like signing up for your newsletter or making a purchase. Understanding where customers convert or if a conversion rate is low helps you optimize your CTAs and content.
- Return on ad spend (ROAS): ROAS measures the revenue generated by advertising against your investment, usually expressed as a ratio and you can use it to determine the success of your ad campaigns.
These were our top 7 favorite KPIs. Check out MediaTool’s full list of 10 KPIs you should be tracking.
Q for You
Take the guesswork out of your content when it comes to keywords. Article Insights is your sharpshooter for suggesting keywords while giving you the data on them. The editor is super user-friendly without losing the deets when it comes to rankings and recommendations. Give this puppy a try on your next writing piece, or even check out your existing blog content to see what could be enhanced.
Scalemail Referral System
The Daily Carnage audience is chock full of savvy email marketers. We love giving them tools and tips, especially ones we use on ourselves.
[Scalemail has entered the chat]
Scalemail is a plug-and-play referral system that works with multiple email marketing platforms and integrates seamlessly with your existing website. See it chilling there at the bottom of The Daily Carnage emails delivered to ya? It’s easy to add and fun for your users…so what are you waiting for?
Let’s get you a demo, baby!
Shut up, Flo. Gimme the puppies. This progressive ad calls out its own cuteness overload when it comes to covering your pets with your car insurance. Is there EVER such a thing as too many baby animals? In life: no. In marketing: no.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Search marketing done right is all about being wrong. Experimentation is the only way.”