Be in the Know
- Dole turned juice into ink for billboards that have more nutrition than a “bad” snack
- Johnnie Walker features actor Jonathan Majors in its latest luxurious ad for Black Label
- Hidden Valley can’t stop won’t stop with its strange merch – this time its wall-to-wall ranch home decor
- Pepsi features artist Chloë in its latest spot that recreates Footloose
Choosing a Traditional CMS vs Headless CMS
Let’s break down content management systems! While no one direction can solve all of your problems, it’s good to know your options. The main two being traditional and “headless” CMS.’
What is a Traditional CMS? A traditional CMS, like WordPress or Drupal, connects the front-end and the back-end of a website in a neat and easy application code base.
- Entire site is served from a single system.
- Easy to manage all content with a lower technical barrier to entry.
- Large communities for support (that often have plenty of templates and themes).
- The big con of using a traditional CMS is that they requires CMS-specific development. That can limit your flexibility.
When to Use a Traditional CMS:
- Traditional CMS platforms are fantastic systems that work for a variety of deployment types.
- Use them if you don’t need to share content with other digital properties.
- If you need a fast set-up.
What is a Headless CMS? A headless CMS is not connected directly with a front end at all. It deals strictly with the content via an application programming interface (API).
- Content is ready to be served on any device.
- API developers can worry less about content and more about presentation.
- Front-end agnostic.
- Limited content preview.
- More upfront integration/configuration effort.
When to Use a Headless CMS:
- Any environment in which you need to publish content across multiple platforms all at once.
Check out the full post by UDig to see all the details when considering your CMS route.
Q for You
Social Videos Aren’t Easy. They Are With Vidico.
Square, Sunbeam, Koala, and other DTC brands are winning more customers with video for social. You should, too!
How? Vidico – they’ve helped small DTC brands to Fortune 500 companies produce videos that are clear, creative and convincing without any hassle. Just have a look at these ecommerce brands’ results:
- Bailey Nelson’s brand video got a 40% increase in branded search.
- Temple & Webster’s commercial had a 335% increase in brand recall.
- Koala’s 2-min YouTube ad won a platinum award and had a top-notch view rate.
Want to get similar results for your video ads? Book a free video strategy session and walk away with insights about what’s working in your space, and suggestions from video pros that have worked with the likes of Square, Spotify, and Airtable.
Walking on a Dream
Have you seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?
This dreamy Burberry ad is giving all sorts of floating, flying, freaky-air-break-dancing weirdness. And we like it. It’s set to a surreal and soothing soundtrack as a group dances in the wind.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past