Q for You
Be In The Know
- Anonymous Donors Pay Off Millions in Student Debt for 400 Low-Income College Graduates
- Google Announces New, Free Digital Skills Training Sessions Online
- Facebook’s Giphy acquisition might have big implications for iMessage and Twitter
- LinkedIn Launches its Own Polls Option to Facilitate More Engagement
Tune into the Needs of Your Audience
Over the past two months, we discussed the importance of how brands are supporting their audience. XQ Institute, the nation’s leading organization dedicated to rethinking the high school experience, is communicating more than a supportive message for the Class of 2020 and beyond – they are communicating action!
Let’s face it. This year’s high school seniors, like the rest of us, was dealt a crappy hand. Many of them not getting the celebration they deserve.
In collaboration with The Lebron James Family Foundation and the Entertainment Industry Foundation, XQ Institute celebrated high school seniors across the country with a first-of-its-kind national graduation special, Graduate Together, that aired on national TV, Facebook Live, and YouTube.
Honestly, who can say The Jonas Brothers and Dua Lipa performed at their graduation, plus commencement speakers like Barack Obama, Lebron James, and Malala Yousafzai? The class of 2020, that’s who!
XQ Institute also has a number of other initiatives to continue the celebration, including:
- The XQ ReThink Together Forum – featuring great content, eye-opening experiences, and honest dialogue.
- #ByStudentsForStudents – a hashtag campaign on Instagram to encourage students to share their creativity and recognize great work.
- Give Me Five Newsletter – delivering five resources to your inbox every two weeks to #ReThinkHighSchool.
- Creating collaborative connections with platforms high schoolers use, like TikTok and SnapChat – putting themselves right in the shoes of high schoolers!
Let us leave you with this…
The landscape of industries around the world continues to change. Businesses that come out of this successfully will be those who adapted, supported, and inspired their audience even in difficulty.
It’s time to take a page out of XQ Institute’s textbook and get in the mindset of our audience. Not only does this campaign just make you feel good, but it also made an impact and produced results.
How are you thinking like your audience today, and for the future?
Make My Persona
Customers. Target market. Consumers. Personas. Fans. Followers… There are all sorts of titles designated to the folks who buy from us. It’s our job to fully understand their needs and act on them through our messaging.
We’ll say it again, businesses that come out of this successfully will be those who adapt, support, and inspire their audience. So, where do you even begin?
Well, Hubspot has an effective persona tool to get you started. Make My Persona focuses on the basics and helps define the demographics of your buyer persona. But, it’s important to continue expanding on your buyer persona, too.
A great marketer can speak of their ideal customer as if its a best friend.
You may not always have a need for everything you own. And giving is truly a gift in and of itself. Sometimes it makes sense or just feels good to give something away to a friend, family member, or even a stranger. Just know its a done deal, because nobody likes a classic giveback.
Nescafe feels that givebacks may just be warranted when it comes to reobtaining your old coffee machine to brew a cup of Nescafe Rich. Unfortunately, not everyone is a winner in this ad. Perhaps this gift should’ve come with caveats in the first place.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1974, Rival Manufacturing Company
“He who hesitates is last.”