Q for You
Be In The Know
- Search Ad Spending is Growing in 2020 Despite Pandemic
- Pinterest Launches Holiday Gift Guide, Shares New Gift Trend Insights
- WhatsApp Adds Shopping Button to Streamline eCommerce Within Chats
- Facebook extends political ad ban another month as Trump refuses to concede
14 Tips for Planning and Boosting Your PPC Campaign Performance
New York City to Los Angeles is about a 42-hour drive, but a flight will cover the same distance in just under 6 hours. Which one do you choose?
Road tripping is a lot like SEO whereas flying is like PPC. The destination (top of the SERPs) is the same, but the means and cost of getting there is the difference. For those who prefer flying, Databox has 14 tips for planning and boosting your PPC campaign performance.
- Define your goals. Ask yourself why you’re launching a PPC campaign in the first place. Is it to drive subscriptions? Content downloads? Sell product? The entire effectiveness of your campaign will measure against your goal.
- Keep experimenting with your variables. There are tons of PPC variables. Ad copy, extensions, keywords, and even more on your landing pages. For the best performance, keep testing and keep optimizing. Don’t neglect testing different ad copy.
- Avoid generic funnel targeting. Go directly to your niche. Casting too wide a net won’t generate the same traffic quality as knowing and pursuing your real target. Your conversion rate and cost per conversion will thank you.
- Track your conversion rate. Before you can accurately track your conversion rate, take the time to ensure your tracking is set up correctly. Your conversion rate will do much of the heavy lifting when it comes to deciding what works and what doesn’t.
- Choose the right set of high-performance keywords. Sure, you’re paying for clicks, but the goal is revenue. Clicks won’t always equal revenue. This is why you must invest more in bottom of the funnel keywords. Determine which keywords people are searching when they’re looking to buy, and target those keywords.
There are still 9 more tips to go, so read them all and crush your PPC campaign goals.
Keyword Research Template
Keyword research is a crucial step for both SEO & SEM. Putting in the time will help ensure fruitful results. But when you have so many other tasks at hand, putting in the time is increasingly difficult. Matthew Woodward’s Keyword Research Template automates the most time-consuming parts of the keyword research process.
Just set up a new sheet and enter in competitor URLs. The tool will automatically generate a keyword strategy with high volume, low competition keywords. Plus, it determines intent behind keywords as well as keywords where you can win featured snippets.
Connect With Us
If you just can’t get enough of The Daily Carnage, then check out our Showcase Page on LinkedIn.
If you dig it, share it!
Sometimes you just can’t catch a break. First, you fry an egg and break the yolk, then your car breaks down, then it starts pouring as you walk home. You know how it goes.
Mega gives us this ad with a man whose home appliances seem to have turned against him. He narrowly escapes the clutches of these electronics as they act out in defiance of the cost of his monthly bills. When the house can’t handle the bill, you know you’re in trouble.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“You can’t convince anyone of anything. You can only give them the right information, so that they convince themselves.”