Be in the Know
2019 Shopping Trends
The holiday has officially arrived. Christmas is in 49 days.
If you’re in eCommerce, make sure you bookmark this email.
Google released its new behavioral insights into 2019 holiday shoppers, with tips on how to sell to US consumers.
Alright, here comes the data:
- For hard goods, the average spent online is $152 bucks.
- For soft goods, the average spent online is $99 bucks.
- For everyday essentials, the average spent online is $74 bucks.
- The top 3 influential factors when deciding to buy are: lowest price for item, free shipping, sale, discount, or promo.
According to Google, mobile searches for “best deals” have grown by 90%.
Searches around “rewards apps” and “Black Friday deals” are up 200% this year. Although consumers are getting their shopping started before Black Friday hits – 37% of holiday shopping has been completed before the week of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
As far as Google tips, here’s what they recommend:
- Highlight competitive prices: When you can beat the competition, make sure you show it. And keep an eye on the market to get a sense of what specific products might be worth undercutting.
- Aim for fast and free shipping: Consumers in the U.S. are much more interested in fast shipping times than in-store pickup.
- Americans tend to identify as “deal seekers”: Price point is usually the most important purchase consideration with free shipping right behind it.
- Newer markets take note: U.S. shopper values may indicate consumer preferences in a more saturated and standardized e‑commerce market.
Previewmojo is a tool that auto-generates your social media preview images (open graph images) using your website metadata. Simply paste some code in your site and Previewmojo generates unique social media preview images for every page on your site. ❤️
Flipping through the Argos catalog is a UK tradition. The&Partnership teamed up with Argos to flip the script focusing on a dad’s Christmas dream.
“Argos renames the catalog ‘The Book of Dreams’ as a dad’s childhood dreams are awoken when he sees the drumkit his daughter has circled.”
Facebook Question of the Day
This is a great campaign from the APA Adoption Center.
What Else We’re Reading
- Three 2019 Holiday Shopping Trends Retailers Should Expect.
“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry