Be in the Know
- To step up its data visualization program, Salesforce is purchasing Tableau for $15.7b in an all-stock deal.
- Facebook is releasing some new hardware for its ‘Portal’ this fall.
- Despite a massive outcry, YouTube is holding firm after hate speech controversy. CEO apologizes.
- How’s your credit score? Amazon’s new rewards card is targeting those with bad credit.
How to Use User Generated Content to Drive Sales
The proof is in the pudding. Or so they say.
How about letting your users create the pudding?
We’re talking about UGC or user-generated content. We’re assuming you’re familiar already, but if not, user-generated content is content that promotes a brand that was created by an end user and not the brand itself.
UGC is an extremely powerful way to build trust among prospective customers and drive conversions. In fact, consumers are 2.4 times more likely to view user-generated content as authentic compared to content created by brands.
Why should you use UGC?
- Encourage authenticity: No matter how hard you try to make your content seem genuine, consumers will always be a little skeptical. When your customers are the ones creating the content, the game changes. Take BMW for example. They created the hashtag, #BMWrepost, which encouraged folks to share their cars in the wild. This gave BMW the opportunity to curate content based around their own customers.
- Drive Purchases: UGC gives customers the ability to visualize what a purchase might look like before purchasing it. Zenni Optical tries to overcome the friction of purchasing glasses online by showcasing users using particular frames right on the product page. It helps potential customers get an idea of the size, shape, color, etc. of the frame before they buy it themselves.
- Build Trust: What you see is what you get, right? Not always. Airbnb has faced its fair share of horror stories about their service. Through sharing content directly from guests, potential customers can see firsthand how others are satisfied from using their service.
Ready to fire up a UGC campaign? Learn how to foster UGC by clicking the button below. 👇
UGC Done for You
Maybe you’re just getting into UGC or maybe you’ve been at it for a while.
Either way, it never hurts to have an extra hand.
Our friends at GenM are offering a killer deal for the Daily Carnage.
For only $49/month, you get to choose from hundreds of fully trained marketing apprentices that are eager to show off their skills.
We’ve personally used GenM and are big fans. From user-generated content to social media and everything in between, you get 40 hours of work per month for only $49 bucks.
Sign up today!
Taco Bell is at it again.
The “Web of Fries” mock trailer series continues with “Chasing Gold.”
Kudos to Taco Bell for the non-traditional approach. Check out Zack Collins chase Nacho Fries stardom below.