Q For You
Top Posts of the Week
- 16 Website & Blog Content Ideas to Get More Traffic & Engagement [Infographic]
- Web Design Trends and Statistics 2021 [Infographic]
- Instagram Launches New ‘Professional Dashboard’ Platform to Provide Quick Guidance for Creators
- 100 Ways To Grow Your Shopify Store: The Marketing Secrets You Should Steal In 2021
What We Learned
Monday: Hootsuite showed us 27 Facebook demographics to inform your strategy in 2021. Some stats include:
- Facebook estimates that at least 412 million accounts are fake or duplicate.
- User growth in Europe bounced back in 2019.
- Half of Facebook users speak a language other than English.
- More than a quarter of people feel Facebook does not classify them correctly.
Tuesday: Visiture talked about how to build your brand with paid social. Key tactics are connecting with the target audience, highlighting brand differentiation, addressing pain points, and employing retargeting.
Wednesday: Privy gave us a whopping 100 ways to grow your Shopify store and the marketing secrets you should steal in 2021. To scratch the surface:
- Tell your story.
- Make sure you have these 2 types of popups: a welcome offer & a cart saver.
- Try a unique coupon code instead of a master coupon code.
Thursday: Copyblogger shared 4 copywriting techniques for engaging podcasts and audio presentations. Be sure to employ:
- Stories and anecdotes.
- Metaphors, similes, and analogies.
- Mind’s eye scenarios.
Join The Conversation
Mary wrote, “Any tips on writing an email to decline a job offer?”
Kolton posted, “How long did it take to find your first full-time job?”
Rebecca asked, “Has anyone here worked at or volunteered in an animal shelter? Would love to hear what kind of marketing and fundraising strategies have worked for you!”
Amber is wondering, “If your job was a movie or show title, what would it be? Examples: ‘Hubspotting’, ‘Six Feet Under My to-do list’, ‘The Social Network (I ran out).'”
Wine of the Month With Bright Cellars
The holidays are long gone and it’s about time to shift your focus back on YOU. Whether you’re looking for a new hobby or just a new way you can practice self-care, we have just the thing for you. Wine delivered right to your door gives you the perfect excuse to take a step back, pour a glass of wine, and focus on Y-O-U…and Bright Cellars wants to help you do that.
Just for you, Bright Cellars is offering 50% off your first box (yep, you read that right – 50% off for Carnies).
Bright Cellars has wine for literally everyone, newbies and experts alike. For January (and February and March…), our friends at Bright Cellars recommend Sabelia Red Blend. This medium-bodied red will be sure to keep you warm for the rest of winter. Read on for details on Sabelia.
Sabelia was created as an honor to Portugal’s undefeatable spirit and its “vinho dos mortos” or “wine of the dead”. In the 1800s, a small Portuguese town was forced to bury their town’s supply of wine to protect it from French pillaging. When they went to retrieve the wine three years later, they were pleasantly surprised to find the cool and damp conditions made the wine even more delicious than it previously was. Thus, “vinho dos mortos” was born and has become a tradition celebrated every year.
Not convinced Sabelia is the hauntingly delicious wine for you? Bright Cellars has a short, 7-question quiz that matches wine to your taste preferences — and they even deliver it right to your door every month. Smash that button to check out Bright Cellars and grab yourself a subscription.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Coca-Cola’s “Share a Coke” campaign began in 2011 in which country?