So, you’ve been on the content grind for a minute now, because every blog article and podcast said that’s what you need to be doing. The thing you’re not seeing, though, is Sales.
You knew it was going to be longtail but not this long…
Today’s listen is a good one, but a bit lengthy so here are the highlights, takeaways, and quick wins:
- If you’re just producing content without selling, you’re not doing content marketing.
- Connect your content to your products if you want to make sales.
- If your business can’t run without you, sustaining it relies on your limited time and energy—which means you’re headed toward burnout.
- Use writing to bridge the gap between each stage of the Buyer’s Journey.
- If people don’t know you, you need to create content that promotes awareness.
- If you already have tons of people who know, like, and trust you (but haven’t bought), create content focused on closing the sale.
- You have to answer the questions people are asking or your content won’t be relevant to your audience.
- Slowing down content production might help you get your money right and focus on the right things.
- Tell the story of where someone wants to be, and position your product or service as the thing to get them there.
Go Live and Conquer
Facebook Live is the future, ya’ll. Well, it has all the makings to give your business a brighter future, at least – and that’s huge.
Thanks to their authenticity – a welcomed feature in this heavily-filtered age – Live videos connect you deeper to your audience. Your viewers can now be part of the conversation, interacting with your content in newer and more memorable ways.
And let’s not forget how about Facebook algorithms prioritize live videos. (Increase your reach, fam!)
If you’re not quite sold on the benefits of Live videos, today’s Read will definitely get you there with 9 ways your business can use Facebook Live to thrive.
Here’s all 9, but get your read on to see how they benefit businesses and audiences alike.
- Respond to blog comments, Q&As, and FAQs
- Provide live customer service
- Film interviews
- Give viewers behind-the-scenes access
- Highlight new products
- Host webinars
- Live online classes
- Marketing campaigns and events
- Daily tips
Achieving World Domination
We’re big fans of R/GA here at The Carnage. If you don’t know them, they’re an advertising/design/anything digital agency. They work with some yuuuge brands and have developed things like the Nike Plus.
They’ve also got one of the best Twitter accounts around.
Fun fact: R/GA actually started out as a special effects agency before moving into advertising. So how did they go from a small special effects shop to a massive agency?
Since we’re obsessed with growth, we always like to hear how other companies (especially agencies) have grown to what they are now.
Today’s Watch, from Fast Company, takes a dive into how they achieved world domination. Insider tip: they focus on stories and systems to set themselves apart.
“We aim above the mark to hit the mark.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson