2019 Content Marketing Trends: The 10 Biggest Opportunities for Marketers - Carney
The Daily Carnage

2019 Content Marketing Trends: The 10 Biggest Opportunities for Marketers

Dunno if ya heard, but 2019 is only 81 days away. So for the next 81 days, we’re going hard on the things you gotta know about marketing in 2019. ‘Cause if we don’t, you might miss something.

Luckily for you guys (and us guys), our pals over at TopRank put together this blog post about the biggest opportunities for marketers in 2019.

Here are 4 of the 10 opportunities:

1) It’s time to get sophisticated

According to the B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends Report, only 11% of marketers rate their content as sophisticated. What does that mean for the other 89%?

Well, we gotta get better at measurement and scaling content marketing throughout our organizations. Figure out how HR, customer service, sales, etc. can help create content.

2) Document your content strategy

It’s almost 2019, and 61% of respondents said they don’t have a documented content strategy. We’ll spell that out: s-i-x-t-y-o-n-e p-e-r-c-e-n-t. That ain’t good.

A well-documented strategy can help you experiment and improve, benchmark conversions, tie your activity to revenue, and report on that revenue.

3) Build your community

We don’t like this stat: only 23% of marketers are actively building their communities. Communities should be a no-brainer for brand-building. You can start a Slack community, a LinkedIn group, a Facebook group, and a whole lot more.

Just to prove that this works, the Daily Carnage FB group has opened up a ton of other marketing opportunities for us. We wouldn’t be where we are without our awesome community.

4) Get down with influencer marketing

We’ve said it before…influencer marketing is so important right now. And, it’s great for (almost) everyone. But, we’re not talking about paying Kim Kardashian to post on Instagram for you. Heck, we’re not even talking about Instagram here.

The best way to do influencer marketing is to co-create content with another successful brand. Co-creation, co-promotion, co-awareness, co-co puffs (wait…what!?), it’s all part of influencer marketing.

Like we promised, that’s 4 of the 10. It’s up to you for the other 6 👇

Carnage

Get the best dang marketing newsletter in your inbox on the daily. Subscribe »

Related Posts