Infographics include the perfect balance of informational text and engaging images. In the world of social media, that’s a great combo: eye-catching, engaging, and informative. We can’t help but be drawn to them.
Agorapulse is showing us how to make infographics that encourage engagement. Let’s get to it!
- Be Topically Relevant. Think about current events and things happening in your industry. Ask yourself how you can shed light on some of these relevant topics without straying away from what you do.
- Maintain a Good Text-to-Image Ratio. Remember, it’s an infographic after all. Information + graphics. Strike a balance. Convey your info with text and drive the point home with your graphic. Great graphics include maps and charts, but go ahead and shake up the standard.
- Establish Credibility. This should be a priority outside of infographics as well. Share sources whenever possible so people understand where your info is coming from. Bring in other sources and quotes from leaders in your industry.
- Include Visual Flow Elements. Your goal is to lead people down a specific path with your content. So make sure the path is paved and can easily be followed. Lines, arrows, and numbers are helpful when keeping people on track. Too much can be confusing and look like a pile of spaghetti. Too little and readers won’t know where to go.
- Test Your Font for Readability Before You Publish. For starters, make sure the font choice itself is easily readable. Seriously, check. Now make sure everything makes sense on its own and in context. Review how the post will look across different social channels.
Read on for the last step, plus some great examples of infographics from various businesses.