Be in the Know
- A “Gender Pay Gap” bot called out a lot of brands making International Women’s Day posts to make them put their money where their mouth is
- Speaking of International Women’s Day, see the Athleta x Alicia Keys “Power of She” campaign
- The Brand Exodus of Russia continues: multi-national brands like McDonalds and Starbucks suspend Russian business
- Google acquires Mandiant, a cybersecurity firm
The New Creator Manifesto
There’s a 75% chance someone between the ages of 6 and 17 will say they want to be TikTok or YouTube famous when they grow up…scary as that stat may seem, it’s for a good reason.
The creator landscape has shifted greatly. So much so, the pros call it the Creator Economy. So what’s going on in the Creator Economy? Let’s get into it.
Goodbye influencers. Hello creators.
It’s nothing new that consumers trust other people, thus the influencer was born. But as influencers became a stereotype of bought-off brands themselves, creators as a whole had to become more independent.
Creator marketing is still widely popular because of this. Creators are making their brand partnerships more personal and it’s making it more authentic.
The New Creator:
Because the Creator Economy is going so independent, there are some changes brands need to be aware of if they want to utilize creator-based marketing. And creators getting started need to be aware of the shifting standards.
Here are the main creator-driven changes happening today:
- They’re steering away from social media channels and using direct communication.
- They’re building communities, not just follower counts.
- They’re niching down and curating content for specific audiences.
Luckily, even with creators going independent and niche, there are still platforms out there to help navigate everything! #paid specializes in connecting brands to their perfect creator matches. Hear more about the Creator Economy on their Banknotes blog post.
Q for You
You’ve had to have heard about this guy before, but have you used it?
It’s great for teams that don’t have dev resources or just looking to play with new features.
Purse Film Noir
This purse just called us uncool.
So when it comes to the fashion and luxury industry’s ads, they can get really artsy, really fast. Here’s a five and a half minute film that features edgy, non-sequiter, beautifully shot scenes with Lucia of the band Lucia and the Best Boys.
Is it a thriller drama about a musician…or an Alexander McQueen purse advert?
You decide which one it is.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past