How to Actually Kill it on Social Media
Social media is overrun with tips, tactics, and advice on how to make it work for your company. This raises the question, what actually works?
We’ve got a podcast today that’s going to cut through the BS and reduce all that info down to the advice that actually works.
- Use Quora (we love Quora. If you’re not using it, start now) to figure out what questions people are asking. If people are asking it on that platform, they also likely want to know the answer on your social platforms.
- Use a website pop-up to ask for a Facebook Like (LinkedIn, Twitter, whatever) instead of asking for an email. It’s an easier, less annoying request.
- Publishing status updates on LinkedIn is huge! Gotta tell you, this has been an amazing way for us to amplify our content – for free! You can’t beat free.
- Use automation tools to help with growth. There are so many tools out there for all platforms. They seem to work the best on LinkedIn and Twitter but do some Googling to see what’s best for you. Some of them are kind of blackhat-ish so use them at your own risk.
Like what you’re reading? This is from our marketing newsletter, The Daily Carnage. Get more here and become the smartest marketer in the room.
SEO Copywriting: 17 Powerful Secrets
Understatement of the week: SEO and copywriting are vital for all websites. Once you understand how to combine those two, you’ll really turbocharge your content.
You already know what we’re going to write next:
Today’s Read goes suuuuper deep with 17 (17!!!) ways you can combine SEO and copywriting. Here’s a sample (we couldn’t fit all 17 in):
- Use Udemy to understand what people in your industry want to learn about. This one was our favorite tip.
- Use synonyms and closely related words in your copy to help Google get a better understanding of your website. Keyword stuffing is dead. It’s better to use synonyms of your keywords.
- Stalk industry forums to find the exact words your readers use. This is like keyword research on easy-mode. It’s time-consuming, but you’ll end up knowing exactly what your readers want to read about.
- Use Adwords Ads from your keywords to figure out which words and phrases should be in your title and meta-descriptions.
- Google search your keywords and look at the “Searches related to…” section at the bottom of the search results.
We’re running out of room to sum this one up. You really gotta read it.
Snapchat’s Ad Creation Tool
When it comes to advertising to the youths, Snapchat is the name of the game (for now). Geofilters are great, and we love them for brand awareness, but we’ve got news. Snapchat just launched its self-serve video ad platform: Snap Publisher. This lets brands create their own video ads that will play before/during/after users are watching stories.
Today’s Watch is a video from Marketing Land that shows how the platform works and how easy it is to use. Spoiler alert: it’s pretty darn easy to use.
“Marketing is telling the world you’re a rock star. Content marketing is showing the world you are one.”
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
What up fam!
Don’t forget this Friday is Subscriber Content Day. If you’ve got marketing related podcasts, blog articles, or videos, email them to [email protected]. If we dig it as much as you do, we’ll feature it in the Daily Carnage.