Be In The Know
- Coca-Cola’s sparkling water brand Aha debuts first major marketing campaign
- Yext is throwing it back with 90’s themed marketing campaign
- Clubhouse is coming to the Android app store in beta version
- Vita Coco coconut water brand launches hair care line in Europe
5 Tips for Managing PPC Following the Coronavirus Outbreak
We all know by now that things will never be the same after this past year’s events. Things we used to not think twice about – shaking hands, crowding elevators, and dining out – have all seen reconsiderations and revised practices. And while the digital ecosystem provided safety from the pandemic, it saw its own challenges and plenty of changes.
BUT, things are looking up. In the wake of this chaotic year, Search Engine Journal has 5 tips for managing PPC.
- Pivot to Normal-ish. Different areas will have their own protocols for COVID-19. Whether it’s mask-wearing, capacity limits, or continued closures, be aware of what is happening in the places you’re running ads. Remain sensitive to the issue at hand so your ads don’t seem out of touch.
- Evaluate Business Value Propositions & Messaging. Many businesses revised their practices to provide a safe way for customers to explore products and services and ultimately make purchases. While these revised practices still have a place, it will be important to explore new avenues as they open up. Furthermore, keep on top of your messaging and imagery in search and banner ads to account for social distancing, mask-wearing, etc.
- Optimize Budgets & Spend. You may be allocating more budget for keywords people are more likely to search with COVID-19 in mind. Readjust your budgets to reflect post-pandemic searches and interests. Make sure you’re spending efficiently by employing automated bidding.
- Reconsider Your Channels. Facebook has seen an increase in usage of messaging and call services that it hasn’t monetized. This has led to a decrease in ad revenue and lower competition on some digital ad platforms. As people continue consuming content, look to YouTube, Pinterest, and Twitter for ad placements.
Continue to the full article for the last tip.
Q for You
Where does the time go? From sunup to sundown, it’s go time. Brush your teeth, eat breakfast, go to work…you know the drill. There are plenty of obstacles along the way, and getting distracted is a gigantic one. Use Rescue Time to help you stay on task and understand where your time goes.
This time tracker helps keep you focused on what you need to do. Not only does it block distracting websites for set periods of time, but it delivers day-to-day analytics showing how you spend your time. Measurement leads to improvement, so get started with Rescue Time today.
Share the love with Scalemail
Nothing beats word of mouth (or word of shares). Your loyal base is only going to sing your praises, you just have to show them how. Make it easy for your subscriber base to share your newsletter with Scalemail.
Learn more about how you can increase referrals and grow your list.
Can’t Chill? Can Relate.
We’ve all been there. Trying to unplug from work and unwind on vacation. The art of being relaxed means letting go of your worries. But like, how do you do that?
This Snickers ad shows the stresses of adulthood creeping in and tells us all to chill with a Snickers Ice Cream Bar. We confirm it’s a good tip even when you aren’t on a beach.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1938, A&P Bakers
“Don’t use social media to impress people; use it to impact people.”