Be in The Know
- Here’s how the Silicon Valley Bank collapse could affect the marketing industry.
- Google is testing new generative AI features in Google Docs and Gmail.
- A new report suggests piracy streaming sites could be costing advertisers.
- The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame gets a sonically reactive rebrand.
8 Elements of a Solid Press Release
Whether or not you’re the PR point person for a brand, you may find yourself with the task of writing a press release. If you’re new to the genre, don’t worry.
The press release follows a simple formula:
- Add your contact information to the header.
- If your announcement can be published upon receipt, add “For Immediate Release” to the top. If it should be held until a date and time, specify that with an embargo.
- Summarize your news with a concise title and an italicized subheading that adds more context.
- Open with a precise lede (who, what, where, when, and why).
- Provide two to three paragraphs of context, and include quotes from stakeholders.
- Share relevant facts and/or figures in bullets.
- Include your company boilerplate description and logo at the bottom.
- End your press release with three pound symbols (###). It’s tradition!
Check out HubSpots guide and templates to draft your press release.
Smash or Pass 👍 / 👎
Boost your earned media efforts with an easy, drag-and-drop press release builder. Prowly helps you build visually engaging and interactive press releases, generates target audiences, connects you to an expansive media contact database, and distributes your content directly.
If you have a piece of content, a savvy tool, or a handy resource that illuminates the marketing biz, we might be a good fit. Sponsor The Daily Carnage to connect with our community.
Set The Table
Ikea’s heartwarming Ramadan campaign tells the story of a young boy who sets the Iftar table with a special item for every family member with so much care that he can’t stay awake to break fast.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past