Be in The Know
- LinkedIn is testing out generative AI prompts for feed posts.
- The Milk Wars: Oatly is challenging Big Milk to acknowledge its climate impact in exchange for free ad space.
- Nickelodeon gets a new look for the first time in 14 years.
- Happy 50th birthday to hip-hop. Check out these ads that featured giants of the genre.
6 Must-Have Email Marketing Automations
Drive incremental growth with these 6 under-utilized automated email series:
- Post-purchase or post-shipment: Engaging with a user after their purchase—through shipment details, upsells, customer service information, and brand/community content—can increase the likelihood of repeat purchases.
- Welcome or account creation: Sending tailored welcome emails to new subscribers is an opportunity to set the tone and frequency of communication. Mixing promotion-heavy messaging with messaging that builds brand connection can improve time to purchase and purchase frequency.
- Birthday or anniversary: Celebrating birthdays and customer anniversaries through automations offering freebies and exclusive discounts will nurture brand connection and affinity.
- Abandon cart: If a user makes it all the way to a full cart on your platform, they likely need only a nudge or reminder to complete a purchase. Abandoned cart email series are a crucial revenue driver and can significantly increase total conversions and revenue.
- Browse abandonment: This step in the purchasing journey takes place before a user makes it to the cart. At this stage, upselling to users interested in a specific product or category can increase revenue.
- Re-engagement / “We miss you”: Move low-engagement subscribers into a re-engagement workflow to nurture them back into high- or medium-level engagement, rather than continuing to send them frequent emails, which can be detrimental to sender reputation and overall engagement rate.
Get the full scoop at MarTech.
Smash or Pass 👍/ 👎
The Best Abandon Cart Emails
There’s no disappointment quite like losing a fish that was on your hook at the last second. Check out Really Good Emails’ handpicked collection of the best Abandon Cart emails to get an idea of what’s working in this category for brands of all sizes and industries.
For the price of a 12-pack, you can get a copy of BudMag, a monthly music magazine printed on Budweiser packaging in Colombia. This campaign comes after the brand’s playable vinyl coasters featuring underground artists in Brazil. You gotta admit these street-style shots of people reading beer packaging are pretty cool.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
National Biscuit, 1940