Be in the Know
- Facebook is taking a page from Reddit and testing upvoting and downvoting.
- Netflix is coming to The Big Apple in a big way. The plan is to build a $100m production hub and hire thousands of employees.
- Uber and Lyft are implementing new safety features including continued background checks and enhanced verification.
- Our new section is launching next week. We’re still working on the name, but it’ll be catered to all you entrepreneurial folks. 🙌🏽
More 🔥conversations going on in our Facebook group.
Here’s what went down this week:
- Nikki wants to know if anyone has been doing anything unique and effective on Instagram lately. Help a girl out.
- Cary is a legit designer and is wondering how to gain some traction using UpWork, Dribbble, etc.
- You have $10k to spend on advertising for your food delivery service…how do you do it?
- Amy’s sales team is putting the pressure on to buy an email list. Yay or nay?
Posts of the Week
- Emoji Keyboard (via BeautifulDingbats)
- Avoid These E-Commerce Ad Mistakes (via AdEspresso)
- Can Your Content Handle Your Customer (via CMI)
- Facebook is Changin the News Feed (via TechCrunch)
- Beats By Dre Stacked Commercial (via YouTube)
Happy Hour Vibes
We’re keeping it healthy at Happy Hour today with some Nor-Cal Margarita’s.
Simple drink, simple ingredients, and the best part…
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Pour 2 shots (3 ounces) of 100% agave tequila.
2. Add juice + pulp from one lime.
3. Add ice and shake.
4. Fill glass with soda water.
5. Garnish with salt, if desired.
Ad of the Week