Top Posts of the Week
- Chipotle is launching candle merch for all the fans who “accidentally” fill their water cups with lemonade
- IKEA’s new collection campaign turns “home office” features into “office home” comfort
- A recap of the latest Instagram madness: insights on recommended posts, test features inspired by BeReal, and its upcoming native scheduling tools
- Each week there are new layoffs and restructures – here’s what people are saying on LinkedIn about it
What We Learned
Monday: How well do you know your TikTok terms and trends? The platform is full of abbreviations and emojis that can have a much different meaning than you think. It’s essential for brands to know what could be coming through their comment section and Gen Z speak. FanBytes put together a whole guide to TikTok slang with dozens of TikTok terms and challenges.
Tuesday: Sprout Social posted a quick but helpful YouTube video with 6 marketing tips for TikTok. It’s great advice for anyone who is still hesitant to get start or struggling to find traction with the platform. You’ll be making it on For You feeds in no time.
Wednesday: Micro-conversions are great because they signal high intent for a user to convert on a primary conversion goal. For paid social, micro-conversions could be time spent watching a video, following your brand pages, or just general ad engagement. Search Engine Land had 3 micro-conversion strategies for paid social with step-by-step instructions for managing ads and tracking.
Thursday: You gotta spend a little to make a little. And ideally, you want to spend a little to make a lot. When it comes to paid media, you could end up spending a good chunk of your budget with general ad experimentation. WordStream gave advice on 7 money-saving strategies for your Google Ads.
Join the Conversation
Bren asked, “Can you tell me something great about the best supervisor you ever had?”
A group member posted, “SOS Is anyone in here a project marketing manager or marketing manager that has a portfolio. I’ve never had to make one and I got a heads up from a recruiter that the VP of Marketing is going to want to see a portfolio. I don’t know how to put my work into one. Especially for product marketing. Do I fit a GTM strategy in there? Just content examples? Any examples ya’ll might have would be super helpful.”
Sarah created a poll: “Hey Carnies – I am currently in the middle of the hiring process and have blocked out my morning to write individual feedback for the candidates I interviewed but whom we aren’t moving forward with…when you hire, what’s your approach with candidates you choose not to hire?”
Taylor wrote, “GA4 problems: Apparently GA4 changed its global site tag to just “Google tag” and in the process lost my internet traffic filters. No email from them about this. No idea when it happened other it was in the past couple weeks. Any insight?”
[Your Brand Here]
[Your cool content here]
The Daily Carnage is a newsletter for marketers looking for the best tools, freshest news, and top strategies. Do you have a piece, platform, or tool that would help our readers with that? Let’s hear it!
We have several options for sponsored spots. Show us your best stuff!
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe juice*
- 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1 1/2 oz Vodka
- Fresh rosemary leaves
- fresh cantaloupe
- Add the chunks of cantaloupe to a blender and blend until the fruit is completely pureed. Pour the cantaloupe puree through a fine mesh sieve, pressing on the solids.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the rosemary and add the cantaloupe juice, triple sec, simple syrup, and vodka.
- Add ice, and shake it up.
- Pour into a glass. Garnish with a fresh rosemary and balled cantaloupe.
Recipe by Food52
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Did Ya Know?
Which car brand has “The Ultimate Driving Machine” as its slogan?
The slogan was created in 1975 and used interchangeably with other slogans like “Beyond rational” and “Sheer driving pleasure.”